Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Ampeg SVT AV - Anniversary Edition, USA. £800

Shockwave

OTHER TRADES/part ex's CONSIDERED:

Amp with a pre-amp defeat so I can plug my sansamp directly without going through the pre. Must be lightweight. Basses etc. Would much prefer a part ex with money my way. Lightweight cabs also a possibility.

[b]Does NOT come with cab!
[/b]
Hey guys.

Well I might have to move soon, decided to put this up on the chopping block for now.

300 all valve watts.

In overall good condition, valves are all original and in great nick, the fan is a little noisy on startup which is typical for the model. The valves are perfectly biased (As shown by the bias lights in the above photo.)

This is the best amp I have ever owned.

Part exchange with cash my way for a Gibson Grabber G1 or some sort of high powered Power amp. Full trades considered but not likely.

£800 Firm no haggling!

Collection ONLY.

• 2 months later...

Hi Shockwave

Can this head work with an 8 ohm cab or is it only safe to use with 2 or 4ohm cabs.
Cheers
Jem

[quote name='Shockwave' post='1257532' date='Jun 5 2011, 05:56 PM']Absolute final reduction. Need the cash in the next couple of days as I have seen something I like! [b]£800 No haggling! [/b][/quote]

[quote name='jembullo' post='1257919' date='Jun 5 2011, 10:49 PM']Hi Shockwave

Can this head work with an 8 ohm cab or is it only safe to use with 2 or 4ohm cabs.
Cheers
Jem[/quote]

Hey mate.

I have only used it with a 4Ohm cab.

However the Ampeg manual states that running higher impedence will work. It will make the amp work a little harder (overdrive earlier) and it will shorten the valve life somewhat. How much I couldnt say, a number of TBers run the SVT with 8ohms with no real problems. Personally I would run it at the impedence the amp is switched to. An excuse for more cabs! Having said that I know of one guy who has been running his SVT with an 8ohm cab for more then 10 years!

You could however, potentially rewire your 8Ohm cab to run at 2Ohms.