Why become a member? ×

Steed basses 5 String Custom Bass

wesfinn

Hey all,

I have decided to move this on as I havn't had a chance to use it in such a long time (about 3 years) and it is just sitting behind my sofa in a case.

This is the first bass i ever made under my own name and it is one that i promised myself I would keep, The reality is I'm never going to need to play it as I only ever use 4 strings now and would prefer it to go to a basschatter who will use it!

The bass is on the home page to my website www.steedbasses.co.uk and the specs are as follows

Body: bookmatched Tiger Jarrah Jarrah top and back by maple and mahogany veneers, mahogany core.
Neck: 7 piece Maple and Australian Blue Gum, Walnut fingerboard
Scale: 35"
Hardware:Black hipshot bridge, Wilkinson tuners, Black knobs
Pickups: Bartolini
EQ:John East 2 band 9V

The neck profile is wide/thin and is beautiful to play. The tone is very warm and the low B sounds incredible.

heres some pix of when i first finished the guitar on the thread

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=9668&hl=prototype"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;hl=prototype[/url]

The bass is in played condition and has various little knocks and scratches.

I am looking for £550 for this delivered £50 of this will be donated to help the people of japan.

Edited by wesfinn

As requested here are some more pictures. I have recently put a brand new john east Iceni 2 band eq in (the same ones used in Zoot basses) and took some shots without the strings and the electronics installed. you can really see the tiger stripe in the jarrah jarrah!

Also shows the slight little knocks the bass has had from going on tour with me various times.