Why become a member? ×

Powering just two pedals?

DaveMuadDib

This is a very mild dilemma, but here goes :)

I only use two pedals. I already feel bad enough that I actually keep them in a pedalboard (albeit one of the smallest that you can buy) but I've also got them hooked up to my bulky 5-output power bank. I don't want to worry about batteries, so is there any simpler way to power two pedals with just one adapter? On ebay, I've seen Daisy Chain extensions for DC adapters that provide 5 or more outputs (apparently), but even this seems a bit like overkill to me! Is there not anyway I can buy/make a simple 1->2 power lead? Or do they even sell two-headed adapters?

I'm being a little pedantic, I know, but this silly power bank probably weighs more than my pedals do, and takes up way too much space! For the record, it's a Little Big Muff and a Behringer Limiter Enhancer. Any constructive advice would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Dave_MuadDib

[quote name='Bassmouseman' post='133444' date='Feb 4 2008, 09:55 AM']you should be able to get a daisy chain adapter and cut off the 3 you don't want. just make sure you tape up the end where you make the cut.[/quote]

I thought that this might be a good option, but I'm not sure how wise an idea it is! Can anyone else confirm this?

[quote name='Dave_MuadDib' post='133392' date='Feb 4 2008, 02:37 AM']On ebay, I've seen Daisy Chain extensions for DC adapters that provide 5 or more outputs[/quote]
I've got one of these 5 way adapters and am now after a variable voltage (9v, 18v, 27v, 36v etc..) 'wall wart' to plug it into. Any ideas on what to use or where to get one?
Or can I plug the 5-way into a normal 9v adapter and run multiple pedals off that? I think it sounds risky, but I don't know enough about it to be sure either way.

Also, I've only got 2 pedals that I want to run off it at the moment, though this may change in future. So assuming I find a suitable variable voltage power source (if needed), would I be alright plugging 2 of the 5 ends into my 2 pedals and leaving the other 3 'hanging around'... until I have more pedals?

Bo!

Edited by Hit&Run

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='133939' date='Feb 4 2008, 10:14 PM']I bought some bits from Maplin & made my own power splitter cable to power just two pedals from a single 9v adaptor.[/quote]

I might seek to do that, it sounds like it's pretty straightforward!

Famous last words...

Do you recall what components you used?