Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Status Series 3000 headless project

robocorpse

SOLD, THANKS FOR ALL ENQUIRIES.

I bought this last year with the intention of re-facing it, then I decided to use it for a headless Thunderbird project, then I changed my mind again, and it has just sat around doing nothing.
It has a chunk out of the top where the jack socket got knocked out. The bass still works, and it is currently wired passive with an output jack crudely screwed into the top on the bit that is going to eventually be repaired (so what the hell!), although the original preamp is still in there, and is probably fine. It needs a good setup and a clean to use it as-is as a mutant throwaround, or alternatively, some TLC from a sympathetic luthier to make this into a gorgeous lump of sleek beauty.
It is pretty banged around, lots of little chips and dinks on the neck and body, so would be perfect for someone to either rebuild, reface, or turn into some horrid creation (like my Thunderbird idea that never happened)
Sale due to cash crisis and subsequent realisation that I have far too many instruments.
I'd like [s]£400 ono[/s] £360 ovno

[attachment=75027:PICTA_7914__Large_.jpg]

Edited by robocorpse

Dont believe these have truss rod. But also dont believe they need one!

I had an S3000 once and what a great bass it was. Just sadly, not for me.

If it wasnt for a new car, i may have put a bid in! I reckon who gets this will be getting a real good bass at a real good price.

Just needs that bit of TLC and it has the potential to be a stunner!

May be tempted if like i say, wasnt for a new car and lack of time for the project!!

Good luck with the sale!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Frustrated bump, I have had 9 people PM me and offer 200-250, so theres definitely interest from people who want to lowball me and make a tidy profit down the line...

[b]First offer of £300 firm takes it[/b].

Bank transfer or cash on collection please. Paypal will be £315.