Why become a member? ×

Squier Vintage Modified Precision

nash

Well, I say used but when i received it earlier today there wasn't a mark on it. The previous owner only had it for 8 months with only bedroom use.

I changed the dead rotosound strings for new fender 105-45 and have only been able to play it through my Ashdown After Eight practice combo. It has a Duncan Design P pickup but it's not the same as the Pete Wentz model for some reason. The bass sounds and feels like a Precision, it's simple and does the job. The pickup sounds fairly growly and I'm quite surprised by this as i normally hate stock pickups on fenders and squiers.

Build quality is good for what the rrp is. It stands up to the mim fender range imho. I will be changing the bridge to something chunkier in the near future, the Badass 2 on my mij p really makes a difference to tone and sustain. whether i change the pickup is still to be seen as i want to play it through my sunn asap.

I'm definitely going to use this live. I've now also taken the volume and tone controls out.

I paid £100 for this on ebay and I felt a little guilty giving the guy just £100 for this fine bass.

any questions just ask as i'm not very good at reviewing.

[attachment=5374:squier_1.JPG]

[attachment=5375:squier_2.JPG]

[quote name='obbm' post='132740' date='Feb 2 2008, 07:53 PM'].....so you left the Badass on it then?[/quote]

on your P i had off you? yes and no.

i took it off because i wanted a bridge cover then realized the cover got in the way and the badass makes a big difference. by then i had sold the BA that was on it but i had one on another bass that i dont play that often so swapped the bridges. ive put a SD QP in aswell and have taken the vol and tone out so its straight to jack. its a beasty sounding bass and is my favourite bass ive had. i'll never sell/swap it.