Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray with Piezo and Status neck "SOLD"

The Shrek

Hey Guys, for sale is my Stingray. Some of you will know this bass already. I bought it from Andy Travis back in 2009. The bass was in mint condition when i bought it from Andy and the only way i could improve on it IMHO was to fit a Status Graphite neck. The bass is translucent red and has the Piezo pickup and comes in it's original Musicman case and with it's original Maple neck which is totally unused and original black scratchplate. The band I was in split and I have done nothing since, so the bass has had no abuse whatsoever. The bass cost me £1000 plus £300 for the Status neck. I would like to get £1000 for the whole package!

Was asked for more pics so got my daughter's camera this time, not my crappy phone(stupid old man). Have included the only blemish which is a paint chip near the strap button!

Michael

Sorry! pics are still crap.......... my photography is worse than my bass playing :)

Edited by The Shrek

Hi guys,

This bass was a special order originally placed by me with Musicman. I think it took about 16 weeks to arrive, and i was made up when it arrived.

The grain of the Ash on the body is really tidy and even, and the bass is not too heavy at all.

I think at the time I paid £1400+ for it. The current list for one of these is a lot more than that now.

The typical Stingray sounds, plus the added versatility of the extra pickup make for a fantastic and very useable bass. The Piezo is really good for acoustic moments, and with a bit of twiddling and palm muting, you can get some decent upright-esque sounds.

Would love to hear it with the Graphite neck! It really was special enough with the original neck!

If i wasn't in sales mode too, i'd have this back.

Best of luck with the sale Mike - any potential buyers rest assured; a top bloke to deal with.

EDIT - Just for the people who don't know controls are vol/pickup blend/treb/mid/bass

Edited by AndyTravis

[quote name='The Shrek' post='1162119' date='Mar 14 2011, 06:23 PM']Hey Guys, Red Ray is about to take a trip to Greece, a certain KERMITNT has kindly made a purchase!

Cheers for all the help :lol:[/quote]

MB1. :)
Good to see Kermitnt finally getting the elusive Status Carbon graphite stingray neck and a body to go with it too! :)

[quote name='MB1' post='1162201' date='Mar 14 2011, 09:30 PM']MB1. :)
Good to see Kermitnt finally getting the elusive Status Carbon graphite stingray neck and a body to go with it too! :P[/quote]

my friend i couldent buy it new after what happened you remeber that would be against my beliefs :) so thnx and if i dont like the neck i would be happy to sell it here to the family :lol:

or even to you mate :D

Edited by KERMITNT