Why become a member? ×

Thunderbird case help

leezo666

Hey everyone im in a bit of a pickle about about cases for my blackbird.
Iv been searching the internet for days trying to find any information about cases for Thunderbird style basses but cant find a thing :) Iv seen loads of sites that have the Epiphone hard case specifically for the Thunderbird but there always out of stock and have a waiting list and I need one pretty soon due to having a toddler with curious little fingers and me being a bit clumsy lol I don't really want to risk using a gig bag after having some bad experiences with them.

Are there any other cases that would fit? im also on a tight budget so I don't really want to venture over £80.

sorry to be a pain but any help would be appreciated :)

I had this problem a while back - I have a custom oversized five string thunderbird, and asked for some assistance (probably in the wrong section though!!).

Here's the link: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=98829&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=98829&hl=[/url]

Theres some good links in there to some stuff that looks like its in stock, from thunderbird owners. I ended up going all custom shop because nothing came close to protecting my bass properly, and fitted properly cause its so bloody big! :)

I did find though that bar about 3 inches at the top, it did almost fit into a ritter bag. That made me a bit nervous though due to the headstock lean, and some disasters I've read about where snappage has occured :)

Anyway, hope this helps!!

hey thanks for link it was useful :) Iv used gig bags before and every time the straps snap (always on concrete steps for some reason) so I don't really fancy using another.
I did find some hard cases that might fit though through the links on your thread :) Im going to email the companies to see what they recommend.

I use a Roksak for my goth thunderbird which interestingly begins life as the same bass as the Blackbird but gets different pickups and wiring

You can get them [url="http://www.hwaudio.co.uk/product/gator_25504.aspx"]here[/url]

very well padded with the headstock velcro roundy thing to hold it in with padding round it. A large pocket with velcro to hold your cables and a smaller one for sundries. Been using mine since I got my thunderbird and its still looking like new.