Why become a member? ×

Never Much Comment on BC Members Clips

xilddx

[quote name='silddx' post='1157132' date='Mar 10 2011, 08:20 PM']Another thing people do is post stuff in the other high profile forums to get some more attention, I assume, and they never get moved to the recording forum.[/quote]
This is what I've done. Still had relatively few responses, but the ones I did get where overwhelmingly positive!

I might re-post them if there's a new surge of interest...

[quote name='silddx' post='1157132' date='Mar 10 2011, 08:20 PM']Another thing people do is post stuff in the other high profile forums to get some more attention, I assume, and they never get moved to the recording forum.[/quote]
This is what I've done. Still had relatively few responses, but the ones I did get where overwhelmingly positive!

I might re-post them if there's a new surge of interest...

Edited by Duarte

I don't like to be overtly negative about someone elses playing/music as it is something personal to them - i will either leave a positive comment or not at all.

Some people will react well to constructive criticism and others not. I am not in the business of being a Simon Cowell and don't want to judge others. As long as THEY are happy with what they are doing then fine and dandy by me.

For me, i am never happy with what i am doing so posting my playing and expecting great comments would be stupid as i wouldn't believe it because i am pretty hard on myself anyway. I am my own worst critic - i don't need you lot gangingup on me as well

[quote name='BottomE' post='1158295' date='Mar 11 2011, 04:54 PM']For me, i am never happy with what i am doing so posting my playing and expecting great comments would be stupid as i wouldn't believe it because i am pretty hard on myself anyway. I am my own worst critic - i don't need you lot gangingup on me as well[/quote]

Which is fine if you know what you are doing wrong. If you don't have a teacher who can point things out then you can continue for years making the same mistakes.

I don't see the point of posting "Hey listen to my fantastic playing videos."