Why become a member? ×

Double bass odds and ends for sale - SOLD

Hi all,

Just clearing out my double bass drawer and got a few things I no longer need:

[s]An old underwood pickup - looks well used but works perfectly and is the real mccoy (with Belden wiring). They go for $200 new so I'm thinking £50 is fair?[/s] - SOLD

[s]A brown leather bow quiver from JPB music. This is not the posh rigid one but does the job and has the necessary ties. £10[/s] - SOLD

[s]A complete set of Evah Pirazzi strings (C extension) - orchestral, not weich. These have had a couple of months light usage but are in excellent condition; I just prefer the latter. £80[/s] - SOLD

Thats it. Feel free to contact me with any queries and best regards!

Edited by Damo200

[quote name='Damo200' post='1153918' date='Mar 8 2011, 03:07 PM']Hi all,

Just clearing out my double bass drawer and got a few things I no longer need:

An old underwood pickup - looks well used but works perfectly and is the real mccoy (with Belden wiring). They go for $200 new so I'm thinking £50 is fair?

A brown leather bow quiver from JPB music. This is not the posh rigid one but does the job and has the necessary ties. £10

A complete set of Evah Pirazzi strings (C extension) - orchestral, not weich. These have had a couple of months light usage but are in excellent condition; I just prefer the latter. £80

Thats it. Feel free to contact me with any queries and best regards![/quote]

Ill take the Underwood Damon

C

[quote name='oldslapper' post='1153996' date='Mar 8 2011, 04:12 PM']Blimey Chris, are you opening a double bass pickup shop?? :)[/quote]

Interestingly enough, no! I tried the K&K Bassmax and Mic against the Underwood and just prefer the latter. It works very well on both DB (although it took a bit of getting used to on the newbie) and on the Yammy. It would make sense to use the same unit for both of course, but as I rehearse on the Yammy and gig on the DB, it's a lot of swapping around, and I think I'm eventually going to either damage the transducer or one of the wires (especially as the wing slots are different sizes on each instrument). so, Damon popped up with the ideal solution.

I will get around to posting my DB amplification journey soon. All in all I tried 6 individual methods and a considerable number of combinations of these.

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='1154004' date='Mar 8 2011, 04:19 PM']I will get around to posting my DB amplification journey soon. All in all I tried 6 individual methods and a considerable number of combinations of these.

C[/quote]

I think we're all on that journey Chris. I've settled on my amp, but pickups... :) just as I say my Schaller mags rule, I go and try another K&K piezo and I'm wobbling again.
We'll get there....we'll be poor, but we'll get there :)

John

[quote name='oldslapper' post='1154120' date='Mar 8 2011, 05:26 PM']I think we're all on that journey Chris. I've settled on my amp, but pickups... :) just as I say my Schaller mags rule, I go and try another K&K piezo and I'm wobbling again.
We'll get there....we'll be poor, but we'll get there :lol:

John[/quote]

Mmmm, perhaps I should open that DB Pickup shop after all :)