Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN: Paulman 5 string

timo

[b]Fallen back in love with it so it's withdrawn (again). Thanks and apologies to those who expressed an interest in it![/b]

Here we have my Paulman 5 string. It's been my main bass for the four or so years, its still as lovely to play as ever but I just fancy a change.

Paulman was a custom make by Paul MacNab from Huddersfield, I think he mainly made guitars but the few basses he made are highly regarded by those that have played them. Unfortunately he passed away last year and the Paulman website is no longer online.

It used to be knobless with the pickups wired straight to the jack but I recently had an ACG EQ-02 fitted by Ged Green in Manchester.

I have no idea about woods and got no information from the guy I traded with to get it so unfortunately can't tell you what it's made from. Someone on here might well be able to help though which would be much appreciated! It's been well used in the time I've had it for pub gigs, weddings and festivals but always taken care of. Its got a splattering of varnish dings, the obligatory end of headstock bump and an inch long scratch in the varnish on the back which was caused by a sousaphone when taking my avatar picture... Also the G string tuner took a little bump a while ago and the clover bit had a slight rattle to it and then dropped off mid gig some time later. I'm trying to sort out a new tuner. Other than that all damage is superficial.

Other than that we have:[list]
[*]35" scale
[*]Schaller machine heads
[*]Bolt-on neck
[*]Cool curly moon looking fret inlays
[*]23 (BEA) / 24 (DG) fret neck
[*]Not sure of the bridge make, horizontal and vertical adjusters, currently ~18mm string spacing at bridge.
[*]Delano humbuckers
[/list]
I've been using this bass less since I got my Bongo 5 so I'm thinking of changing up. Tradewise I'm after fretted 5s, show me what you have. I like maple fingerboards with black block inlays and I'm not a fan of sunburst. Worst I can say is no!

Photos here: [url="http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc400/timo22222/Paulman%205/"]http://s1209.photobu...22/Paulman%205/[/url]

Any questions please ask away.

Cheers for looking,
Tim

Edited by timo

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...