Why become a member? ×

GONE: Status Groove 4 string

Merton

SOLD. Cheers all for your interest!

This is a feeler but depending on the reaction I get it will (probably turn) into a solid FS...

This is a very beaten up Groove bass which I picked up very cheap (too cheap) last year... It was advertised as well worn and with no strap buttons and here's a bit of it's history after I got it...

[i]To say the body has a few dinks is an understatement.

I gave her a quick once-over, all seemed OK, but then I decided to tune her up,. The nut moved. I loosened the strings, the nut fell off. OK, no great shakes, a dab of glue and she's back solid as a rock. Then I checked out the battery. It has leaked inside the compartment, expanded and now won't come out. Plus one of the wires had broken off the box so it was useless anyway. New battery compartment was added. The volume control... non existent. Well, the knob was non-existent. Fortunately I had three spare from my old Groove 5er when I swapped them over for different knobs, so stuck one of those on instead. Easy!

Finally, the strap buttons (or lack thereof). OK, I bought some straplocks for her, easy. Except that BOTH holes for the screws were so royally buggered that the biggest screw thread you can stick through a straplock hole still won't have any wood to bite against. Wood glue and cocktail sticks...[/i]

She plays BEAUTIFULLY, sounds amazing so is just a very mojo'd bass. I'm only contemplating selling as I've jsut nabbed a rather lovely Shark 5er on ebay and I need ot shift stuff to cover the costs. I paid £125 plus about £25 to get her back up to gigging standard, so I'll sell for £150 plus a tenner shipping in the UK mainland.

Anyone interested?

Edited by Merton

[quote name='gareth1982' post='1153746' date='Mar 8 2011, 01:27 PM']are the straplocks you metion and the hardcase in the picture included?[/quote]

I too am intrigued by this information, a mate of mine's after a reliable gigging bass with not a lot of money (and apparently my Bass Collection's 'too flashy' :))...