Why become a member? ×

Warwick Jazzman 4 (2003) £650...

moonbass

Hi All,
Ok, so out of the blue I've decided to build an Eden big rig... I must be mad, I've just got used to my lightweight MarkBass stuff!
So, need to create some funds. Consequently selling this beautiful example of a Jazzman.

Dated January 2003, I've only had it for a few months, traded with a fellow Basschat member. I'd had a massive desire for a Streamer since drooling over those incredible adverts in Bassist back in the 90's, and slavishly learning Stuart Zender lines through my teens. Sadly having now got my mitts on one I've realised that I'm 5-string guy after 20 years! Typical...

There's a few dinks that are hardly noticeable and I'll try to make them apparent on the photos. Sounds is great, all pots are quiet, pickups sound great, it's excellent for slap and fingerstyle, and has the typical Warwick 'squelch' (is that the right word?) The neck is fairly chunky and solid. I think the woods are bubinga and ovangkol on the neck, and ash and flamed maple body. Weighs in at 8lbs on the bathroom scales.

As we all know there appears to be a lack of Warwick love out there at the moment, so I'm pricing this competitively at [b]£650[/b] (RRP about £1600 new currently, and I think most people on here realise how ridiculously cheap Warwicks are going for second hand at the moment.) So grab yourself a bargain!

I'd ideally prefer not to post and I'm based in Cambridge. Happy for people to try before buying. Not interested in trades, unless it's for an Eden WP 100 Navigator pre-amp. Pics below.

Cheers,
Andy

[attachment=74195:IMG_0115.JPG] [attachment=74194:IMG_0116.JPG] [attachment=74196:IMG_0109.jpg] [attachment=74197:IMG_0110.jpg] [attachment=74198:IMG_0112.jpg] [attachment=74199:IMG_0113.jpg] [attachment=74200:IMG_0114.jpg] [attachment=74201:IMG_0117.JPG] [attachment=74202:IMG_0118.JPG]

[quote name='moonbass' post='1153200' date='Mar 7 2011, 11:31 PM']I think most people on here realise how ridiculously cheap Warwicks are going for second hand at the moment.) So grab yourself a bargain![/quote]
Hiya
They are a real bargain these days. I have one and really value it so why have they dropped in price like this? Oh well a real bargain for someone,
best of luck, joe

Oooh, very nice. Very nice indeed, and that is one hell of a great price.

I think the Warwick market is just a bit saturated at the moment, and people have sold Warwick's (myself included) at crazy cheap prices, which have probably not helped the second hand value - sorry about that!

At some point, I think people will realise the errors of their ways and the market will pick back up. In the mean time, some buyers are going to be getting some amazing deals.

I'm even tempted by this...