Why become a member? ×

ehx memory boy question

0175westwood29

got this pedal yesterday! love it!

but dnt want to use battery came with its own psu but i dnt really want to have 2 plugs going into my board, ive worked out the mA and i have enough power in my boss psu that i use to power my board at the minute but just read that it may hurt the unit if i dnt use the on supplied? is this true i heard something about ehx pedals having a dif power supply? i think its the vintage ones that have a different connection?

all my pedals are 9v as is the memory boy, and the ehx metal muff has the same power plug ie neutral on the inner sleeve and positive tip so just want to check before i go plugging in the memory boy that its not gonna kill it?

andy

It's the old EHX stuff that had a different connector (3.5mm jack?) - our guitarist is quite happily using a Memory Boy and two or three other pedals with a regular power supply and a daisy chain connector and has had no issues with it. If it's within the current rating of your current (no pun) power supply then go for it.

[quote name='paul_5' post='1152639' date='Mar 7 2011, 04:13 PM']I've got one too, and they're grand! I run mine from a one-spot that does my Boss stuff too, they're fine sharing PSUs with other kit, standard Boss style power socket.[/quote]

cool thats what i wanted to hear awesome!

andy