Why become a member? ×

FS(/maybe FT): 1983 Fullerton Fender '57 RI Precision

steviebk

Hi all

Up for sale is my beautiful 1983 '57 Re-Issue Fullerton Fender Precision. Classic combo of Maple neck (Lacquer has matured beautifully to that sweet Amber we all love), 2 tone sunburst, and a gold anodised pickguard. The lacquer has worn off the back of the neck in places, which you'd expect of a bass of this age that has been played, and not been locked in a cupboard as a museum piece, but other than that it's in fantastic condition. It's all original, except for new bridge saddles as the originals had rusted and corroded, but they will also be included with the sale. It comes with the original tweed Fender Hardshell Case with the orange lining.

It's a fantastic bass, and really is a perfect example of what a Precision should be, sound like, and play, but the fact is I get on more with Jazz basses, and I need the money, so this is up for sale.

Price is [s]£1250[/s] [s]£1200[/s] £1150 [s]£1100[s] - I'm open to offers, but no lowballs.

I will post at buyer's expense, but would prefer pickup from East London - where the bass can also be tried through your choice of my MarkBass Rig or my son James' (Higgie) Aguilar rig.

Edited by steviebk

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1163870' date='Mar 15 2011, 11:19 PM']just out of interest.... ive wondered this before.... how does this compare to the JV '57ri your sig says you have (and I also have one) ?[/quote]
Hi Luke, sorry have not got back to you before, it's hard to judge really as both mine and son James(Higgie)'s basses are fitted with Dimarzio pick-ups, and mine is a rosewood neck,and my other JV Maple Precision is currently with John Shuker having a new neck made.
The Fender has a slightly wider neck too, and is flatter, but in saying that it is just a lovely bass, it sounds just as a good Precision should with the low end thump and no frills that has made them the work horse of the bass world.
I has always done the business at gigs, so i cant say anything negative about it.
I'm only selling as i need the cash, otherwise it would stay where it is, but needs be as needs must as they say!
Sorry i've probably not been much help, but i do love the J Vs too, they are great basses.
I always think it's down to personal preference anyway