Why become a member? ×

Gibson grabber copy restore/mod

nash

so i've acquired this grabber copy off rohan. the neck isnt work dealing with so i've ordered a p-bass neck for it. probs need to ajust the neck pocket. im going to get the body sprayed white by a car painter in my industrial estate. im having a black badass 2 and black tuners. i'll load pictures during the process of the build. im sticking with the original pickup for now just to see what its like, might end up with a darkstar.

to kinda this

Edited by nash

i've got the new neck now so i'll post a pick later. im having the neck pocket ajusted this week so ill post a pick of it then when its in one piece. then its off for a respray to white. the neck i got is only a cheap one, 'dr parts' i think is the brand. got it from dangleberry on ebay for £51 delivered, it seems good enough for what im aiming to achieve.

edit: matt, you will like my grabber when im done with it.

Edited by nash

• 2 weeks later...

ok update. im still waiting for the neck pocket to be adjusted by the chippie guys who work in the next unit to me in work.

and no im not putting a PW neck on it. i aint no teeniebopper. i have a neck obvs and i need to sort out the hardware next. nothing too expensive as this is only going to be a squier grade bass i guess.