Why become a member? ×

1958 P bass

Ok so refin (a good one mind) and some schallers, even so isn't this way too cheap?

If someone wants to buy a kidney....

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1958-Fender-Precision-Bass-Two-Tone-Original-Parts-/270711596627?pt=Guitar&hash=item3f07ab2653"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1958-Fender-Precisio...=item3f07ab2653[/url]

Edited by cameltoe

[quote name='chris_b' post='1149128' date='Mar 4 2011, 12:39 AM']This is not a good buy!

It's cheap for its age because it's not collectable (too many mods), and it’s too expensive to be a gigging Precision at £3000![/quote]
Ah yes, but if a genuine vintage Fender appeals to you (as it does me) isn't this a great opportunity to own one without spending 10k?

Plus you can use it, knowing you won't lose money if it gets damaged in any way.

Only custom shop money after all!

Probably, but if I was buying I wouldn't be buying as an investment, I'd be buying to play it every week, and hopefully get an amazing feeling bass.

I've never tried a real '57 Precision, but I know someone who has, and he considered it to be an unbelievable feeling instrument. I'd love to be able to say that myself, and I'd snap it up in a heartbeat.

I've been looking at my next guitar after my current Road Worn P, I love it to bits, especially the played-in feel.

Nash, Custom Shop, or this?