Why become a member? ×

Love teaching.

phsycoandy

I have a young lad comes round once every other week for a "bass lesson". Im not a teacher, or qualified or anything, but just love that he comes and enjoys. It's hard to remember when the notes just don't fall to hand by second nature, so it's great just to pass on some time honed & probably bad habits and techniques. The main thing is he enjoys it, and so do I. Am I getting old?

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='1147287' date='Mar 2 2011, 05:05 PM']I have a young lad comes round once every other week for a "bass lesson". Im not a teacher, or qualified or anything, but just love that he comes and enjoys. It's hard to remember when the notes just don't fall to hand by second nature, so it's great just to pass on some time honed & probably bad habits and techniques. The main thing is he enjoys it, and so do I. Am I getting old?[/quote]
Yes, you probably are getting old. That's why you have time for others. You're doing the music world (and the young lad), a great service. :)

[quote name='Bloc Riff Nut' post='1147327' date='Mar 2 2011, 04:39 PM']Yes, you probably are getting old. That's why you have time for others. You're doing the music world (and the young lad), a great service. :)[/quote]
Pass the tissues! you are right, thank you.

Good stuff. It can be a very enjoyable experience and a completely different way of enjoying playing to gigs and sessions.

You are welcome to the 517 a week I have on my register, if you fancy it.

(You have to do GCSE music, BTEC, music technology ncfe and key stage 3 as well. Just a heads up...)

Now, basschat, please stop distracting me from the 3 classes of year 7 reports I'm meant to be doing!