Why become a member? ×

Dunlop MXR M188 battery cover

Ou7shined

I just bought a MXR M188 of a BC member via ebay but the battery cover is completely shot (probably why it went on to the bay and not here :) ).
It looks pretty similar to the wah pedal cover. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Edited by Ou7shined

[quote name='ahpook' post='1146569' date='Mar 1 2011, 11:12 PM']mu old mxr blowtorch had a missing cover - i emailed them and they sent me a replacement for nowt[/quote]
Nice one.
I've found a couple of email addresses for them. Can you remember where you emailed to?

Those MXR battery covers are notoriously easy to break. I've had a couple of pedals holding the cover with tape (I rarely use batteries)... I didn't think it'd be easy to get replacements. Maybe I will try contacting them too...

So my brand new battery cover plopped onto my door mat. :)
I used the standard email address of the dunlop uk site but changed the title to "tech support". The next day a nice guy/girl from Strings and Things called Alex got emailed me wanting to see a pic of the specific type of battery cover. 15 minutes later he/she confirmed they had that type in stock and would send it out to me FOC.
Well done guys.

I wish I done this years ago when my 105Q cover died instead of making my own one. :)