Why become a member? ×

p-bass slap funk vid

Ou7shined

Talking about the vid...DK is normally pretty clean sounding but if you hammer into a P-Bass then you can get a quite scruffy sound.

I put it down to the bass/pups used rather than the player.

Pops and LJ used to have a peak-y sound whilst slapping as well, IMO...both used P-bass configs.
Of course LJ also used MM but have you seen how hard he hits the thing?

[quote name='JTUK' post='1147057' date='Mar 2 2011, 01:15 PM']Talking about the vid...DK is normally pretty clean sounding but if you hammer into a P-Bass then you can get a quite scruffy sound.

I put it down to the bass/pups used rather than the player.

Pops and LJ used to have a peak-y sound whilst slapping as well, IMO...both used P-bass configs.
Of course LJ also used MM but have you seen how hard he hits the thing?[/quote]
Who's pops and LJ??

Reminds me of some chap that came to look at a jazz I was selling last year. He came in, bashed the hell out of it and then decided he was really after a ray. Took plenty of restraint not to insert the aforementioned jazz where the pope don't rollerskate!
:)

[quote name='mrtcat' post='1147253' date='Mar 2 2011, 03:37 PM']Reminds me of some chap that came to look at a jazz I was selling last year. He came in, bashed the hell out of it and then decided he was really after a ray. [b]Took plenty of restraint not to insert the aforementioned jazz where the pope don't rollerskate![/b] :)[/quote]
In the rectory? :)

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1147210' date='Mar 2 2011, 03:08 PM']

LJ proving JTUK's point rather nicely there by bashing the living f*** out of that poor lil bass.[/quote]

I bet that poor stingrays little heart sank that day when it found out who was playing him :)

Edited by munkonthehill