Why become a member? ×

Joy to despair in 2 minutes ...... and back to delight in a week!!!!

kevin_lindsay

When I had weekly jazz bass classes I'd left my bass [b]on its side[/b] at the front of the class so the tutor could use it (he only had an electric plank with him that day). Some idiot of a girl hadn't noticed this blummin' great piece of wood on the floor & tripped over the endpin causing it to resemble a giant game of spin the bottle. The bass was alright, but I use a bass stand these days.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='1155413' date='Mar 9 2011, 03:12 PM']When I had weekly jazz bass classes I'd left my bass [b]on its side[/b] at the front of the class so the tutor could use it (he only had an electric plank with him that day). Some idiot of a girl hadn't noticed this blummin' great piece of wood on the floor & tripped over the endpin causing it to resemble a giant game of spin the bottle. The bass was alright, but I use a bass stand these days.[/quote]

Tell me about it. We did a gig last week, and I reckon that out of about 200 people there, I must have been the only person who didn't manage to trip over my bass (that includes the singer also). One girl said "you shouldn't leave on the floor, you should stand it up somewhere"

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' post='1155339' date='Mar 9 2011, 02:04 PM']Bass is now repaired and set up. Hopefully gonna pick it up later today.

Instruction to self - 'don't stand it up against the car and don't drop it!!!!'[/quote]

Let me know how it is man! Ive heard good things about Jimmy moons repair work!

[quote name='Beedster' post='1155473' date='Mar 9 2011, 03:44 PM']Tell me about it. We did a gig last week, and I reckon that out of about 200 people there, I must have been the only person who didn't manage to trip over my bass (that includes the singer also). One girl said "you shouldn't leave on the floor, you should stand it up somewhere"[/quote]
vital double bass accessory?