Why become a member? ×

DHA overdrive pedal

sk8

Hi Dave

I've currenlty got a LBM fuzz and TS808 Tubescreamer Clone and i'm favouring my OD more and more. I was wondering what you would recommend for me from your line of products. I'm obviously after an OD pedal but i would also like something to go to extremems if thats possible. I know it won't be a fuzz but i want something to go to distortion.

What would you recommend?

[quote name='sk8' post='131114' date='Jan 31 2008, 08:51 AM']Hi Dave

I've currenlty got a LBM fuzz and TS808 Tubescreamer Clone and i'm favouring my OD more and more. I was wondering what you would recommend for me from your line of products. I'm obviously after an OD pedal but i would also like something to go to extremems if thats possible. I know it won't be a fuzz but i want something to go to distortion.

What would you recommend?[/quote]

A VT2-Dual-Bass or VT2-Dual-Custom-Bass will give you 2 channels with channel 1+2 providing flat out distortion. When channel 1 only is selected then it's a VT1 so giving valve clean to crunch tones.

Or, a VT2-fatguts-bass is really a VT2-Dual-Bass but with channel 1+2 selected when on.

Both VT1's and VT2's will overdrive but really only the VT2's will provide mega distortion as the VT1's stop somewhere around crunch.

Dave

[quote name='umcoo' post='131654' date='Jan 31 2008, 11:44 PM']I'll add to this if you don't mind...

Dave, what is the difference between a DHA VT2 Twin and a DHA VT2 Custom?

Thanks[/quote]

A Twin has 2 separate channels so you can switch 1 or 2 and 1+2 plus by-pass. A Dual is channel 1 or channel 1+2 plus by-pass. A Dual-Custom is the same as a Dual but with passive tone controls.

Dave

• 1 year later...