Why become a member? ×

*Withdrawn Clover Expression XP15.5*

only4

Hi All,

I have a great 5 string Clover Expression XP15.5 bass for sale.
[attachment=73526:IMG_0752_1.JPG]
It is in superb condition with only a couple of little marks on the body.
The original Clover padded gig bag is included.
Clover have been making high end basses in Germany for the last 20 years.
This bass has a current list price of £1500.

I am looking for a cash sale of around £825.

Bass specification

Body: Two piece mahagony body with american walnut top
Bridge: Custom chrome plated brass bridge
Scale: 34"
Neck: Bolt on canadian hard rock maple
Fingerboard: Rosewood with mother of pearl dots
Frets: 24 medium sized frets
Machine heads: Chrome, enclosed machine heads
Finish: Handpolished silk matte polyurethane finish
Weight: 8lb9oz
Neck position: DELANO JMVC-FE custom pickup (twin coil in-line humcanceller pickup)
Bridge position: DELANO MC-FE custom pickup (quadcoil humcanceller pickup) switchable to single-, parallel- & serial mode
Electronics: DELANO custom three-band active electronics with ultra low noise circuit bypassable to full passive mode

Thanks for looking

[attachment=73519:IMG_0756_1.JPG]
[attachment=73520:IMG_0757_1.JPG]
[attachment=73521:IMG_0759_1.JPG]
[attachment=73522:IMG_0760_1.JPG]

Edited by only4

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1145426' date='Mar 1 2011, 09:40 AM']Seems like a blend between a Sandberg and a Human Base, which makes for a very appealing bass indeed![/quote]

I've always thought they look like MkIII Wals. Very nice!

[quote name='walbassist' post='1145630' date='Mar 1 2011, 12:42 PM']I've always thought they look like MkIII Wals. Very nice![/quote]

Not really familiar with Wal's myself, but a bass with those specs, those electronics and some good old German precision engineering I bet it's a really beauty. Wish I had the cash; I need to get a 5 string... any trades considered at all?

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1145641' date='Mar 1 2011, 12:51 PM']Not really familiar with Wal's myself, but a bass with those specs, those electronics and some good old German precision engineering I bet it's a really beauty. Wish I had the cash; I need to get a 5 string... any trades considered at all?[/quote]

You are right about the German engineering, the construction of this bass is excellent, even down to the copper foil shielding in the control cavity.

I must admit that I will be sad to see this bass go but i need to release some cash to go towards the Overwater that is hopefully being delivered today!

[quote name='only4' post='1145700' date='Mar 1 2011, 01:33 PM']Wow, very similar to the Wal MKIII

But a lot cheaper :)[/quote]

Hehe yeah, seriously. I wonder how the two compare sonically? Actually, I'm mostly interested in how the Clover sounds as I doubt I'll be getting a Wal any time soon :)

Does anyone have any sound clips of a Clover in action?

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1145746' date='Mar 1 2011, 02:00 PM']Hehe yeah, seriously. I wonder how the two compare sonically? Actually, I'm mostly interested in how the Clover sounds as I doubt I'll be getting a Wal any time soon :)

Does anyone have any sound clips of a Clover in action?[/quote]

Sadly I have never recorded anything with this bass.

The only Clover Expression sound clip i can find are of an older XP 5 string model on this site [url="http://www.bass-4-all.com"]http://www.bass-4-all.com[/url]

They are in the "bass to hear" archive section.

I hope this helps.

[quote name='only4' post='1145974' date='Mar 1 2011, 06:13 PM']Sadly I have never recorded anything with this bass.

The only Clover Expression sound clip i can find are of an older XP 5 string model on this site [url="http://www.bass-4-all.com"]http://www.bass-4-all.com[/url]

They are in the "bass to hear" archive section.

I hope this helps.[/quote]

There's a clip of the 6 string fretless version on the [url="http://cloverbasses.com/fileadmin/redaktion/soundfiles/xp155_fretless_01.mp3"]Clover website[/url] if it's anything close.

I had a listen to this clip through better pc speakers at home last night and it sounds very close to the current model.
The bass has a very wide range of sounds ranging from thick and woody to very clear and open.

[attachment=73676:clover_pr1_5.mp3]

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1152613' date='Mar 7 2011, 03:55 PM']I really want this bass. Need to shift some gear to make that a possibility though... I might have a buyer for a bass I've got for sale which would make this achievable... will let you know, if it hasn't been snapped up before then :)[/quote]

Great, keep me posted.

• 2 weeks later...