Why become a member? ×

Weeping Demon - WD7 - Do they all do this??

Salt on your Bass?

Afternoon all,

This is a bit of a feeler, and I'm going to email Ibanez shortly, but has anyone else experienced this with their Weeping Demon.....

On the auto Wah setting (the non stomp approach), when getting to about 85% of the pedal down, I'm finding that the red light disengages and my wah stops and my normal bass tone comes through. Rocking past or away form the 85% mark, and it engages again. This only happens when I freeze or move really slowly around this position. Rocking past it fluidly and its fine.

Maybe I'm not using it properly, but I do like to hold it at various points - and why shouldnt I!?

I've only noticed it recently, and owned iot for about a year now.

I'll post with anything Ibanez come back to me with, but I wondered if bass chatters had had a similar experience. :)

Thanks very much, and I'll keep you posted! :)

Ah, I havent tried that - I've never messed around with the guitar setting. I'll give that a whirl tonight. Thanks for the reply, Just emailed Ibanez.

[quote name='fretmeister' post='1144515' date='Feb 28 2011, 02:43 PM']Mine's never done that.

Good pedal. As it happens though I use the guitar setting as I find the bass setting to be sh*t. IMHO of course!![/quote]

Well Ibanez came back pretty quickly! As follows:

"Thanks for the email and sorry to hear about the problems with your pedal, my thoughts are that it maybe something in the pedal, possibly the main pcb board that is causing the problem, or it maybe something really simple as the pedal is sticking at a certain point and causing it to disengage.

Either way my advice would be to contact your local Ibanez retailer who maybe able to have a look over the pedal for you."

Off to the retailer. Guess it clears that up anyway, needs a fix! :)