Why become a member? ×

some advice

Tandro

Hi guys,

I don't buy expensive stuff off the bay so not sure if things are what they seem, or what are the right questions to ask but I was looking at this which ends within the hour:
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Corvette-Double-Buck-Nirvana-Black-/120687278257?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1c1985b8b1"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Corvette-Dou...=item1c1985b8b1[/url]

Posting it here means I may get outbid (doh!), but I rather ask as you guys would know what to look out for. What you think that discoloration at the bottom of the neck is? Something to worry about?

I'm not big on Warwicks but (from those pics) it looks ok to me - including the neck.
The guy's feedback although 100% is on the low side (8). Looking into his history though would suggest he might be a bass player.

My overall gut feeling of the ad is good.

PayPal should protect you should anything dodgy happen. Good luck if you go for it.

Ha! I know the warwick love is thin in these here parts...but what can I say, I just like 'em. :)
I was looking at how long he was registered, the history of his items, registered time on the bay etc and had the same thoughts. But I guess just me being paranoid. I was thinking the discoloration might have come from a stand rubbing against that area, but I hear what you're saying. I still have not made up my mind if to go for it...well, I still have a _whole_ 5 minutes to decide

Ok...did not bother to get it...thanks for the advice though
It went for a very reasonable price if you ask me. Right, time to convince myself that it's a good thing I did not buy it...1) I told myself I would not buy any basses for a while 2) Why would I ever need another warwick (trick question)? 3) I've got no space 4) There 'is' another warwick that I really want and need to save for 5) the look of disapproval from my wife scares me 6) I told myself I would not buy any basses for a while ...hmmm... not sure I'm convinced yet. Serves me right, this is what happens the day after you get paid and start looking at basses for sale