Why become a member? ×

What would you spend £150 if tarting up a sh*te bass..

dougie

I spent about 250 quid modding one of my Epiphone thunderbirds, and I think it is now one of the nicest instruments I've owned. Does everything I want, looks the absolute tits with the stripped back blackness, EMGs etc, sounds INCREDIBLE through the Ampeg, lightweight and easy to grapple, even with the neck dive, and people usually exclaim "FUUUUCK!" when I take it out of the case.
I'm going to build a Mk2 when I get the time and the spare funds. This one will have extra toys...

[quote name='dougie' post='1142621' date='Feb 26 2011, 06:14 PM']didnt know what that was so googled it,looks useful.ill read more about it later when this f***ing kids b/day party ends,got 20 of the noisiest,irritating,nosey bastards running round like the cakes been baked with speed rather than flour :)
thanks for the reply :)[/quote]

send me a cake.

Dougie : As a finishing touch I'd darken up that very brown fingerboard to make it fit in with your colour scheme - it'll show of those strings better too.
You might be able to do it with multiple applications of oil or conditioning wipes but a safer bet that you can get it right first time would be to stain it.

[quote name='dougie' post='1142597' date='Feb 26 2011, 05:59 PM']Dont know why but the Marlin P bass the missus got me for xmas has started to get my attention recently and last cpl weeks ive replaced the crappy machine heads with good ones i picked up,also the bridge replaced with a sturdier black one,add that to the £30 i spent on the DR neons and my "fecker pretender bass"logo and its now became one of my stupid projects i do,anyway the whole thing now actually seems nice tto play but ive decided to spend around another £150 to see just how nice i can get it,my question is......what would you spend it on ?????
1-"scrap it,keep the strings and buy a good bass"---heard it
2-"get medical help soon"----heard it
3""use it as a paddle in a flood emergency"-----heard that too
Before the flood of smartypants let rip id appreciate any ideas,im not doing it to sell and recuperate any cash just want to see how good/bad these peices of sh*te can be,and because i can :)[/quote]

tarting up a sh*te bass? not a penny.

tarting up a cheap bass? well, in that case probably a preamp. John East. Might have to go second hand if you can's expand your budget a bit

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1176457' date='Mar 25 2011, 07:58 PM']Dougie : As a finishing touch I'd darken up that very brown fingerboard to make it fit in with your colour scheme - it'll show of those strings better too.
You might be able to do it with multiple applications of oil or conditioning wipes but a safer bet that you can get it right first time would be to stain it.[/quote]
bastard!!!!,now you`ve said that i cant get the idea out my head!!,looking at the staining thing now.only thing ive stained was my Dennis the Menace duvet.......aged 11