Why become a member? ×

Clarkys' band (Rattlin Bone) next gig, Friday 11th March in the 12 Bar, Denmark Street (nr Tottenham Court Road)

Clarky

FYI, our album "The life and death of ..." is out now on download. We are still debating whether to produce CDs or vinyl as the physical format. 10 songs, roughly 40 minutes, and very swampy!

Its £3.99 as a download on Amazon or £7.90 (not sure why so much more) on iTunes

[attachment=74107:51St_OzT...._SS500_.jpg]

Amazon link: [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Death-Explicit/dp/B004Q2G3OU/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Death-Explici...ef=pd_rhf_p_t_1[/url]

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Johnston' post='1152040' date='Mar 6 2011, 11:12 PM']Your link didn't work for me Clarky.

[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Death-Explicit/dp/B004Q2G3OU/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1299453093&sr=1-18"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Death-Explici...093&sr=1-18[/url][/quote]
Thanks mate! Your link works :)

As an update we've been told that we have to perform a very truncated set (30 minutes or so) as the promoter accidentally booked one too many bands (five), doh. Bit frustrating. We are on first at 8.30pm, it turns out, as its so complicated to soundcheck us (given size of band) its easiest if we s/c last and then leave everything set up for our set.

If 30 minutes is too short a time to make the trek to see us, then next up is a much longer (60-75 minute) slot at the Hootananny in Brixton on 10th April (the promo blurb says "Stranger than Paradise present: 14 piece rock and roll burlesque gypsy voodoo jazz circus from RATTLIN' BONE, violin driven gypsy mahen starring the unequivocal chancery blame from THE GADJO CLUB, menacing dark folk goth punk from RASP THORNE AND THE BRIARS plus ethereal saucy minx PRINCESS KNICKERS")

Cheers Clarky (the real one, not the pretender from Rainbow/Uriah Heep/Collosseum)

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='1156691' date='Mar 10 2011, 02:50 PM']60-75 mutes may be too long :)[/quote]
You're probably right! Although I assume you mean minutes not people with impaired speech :) We will have to stretch out our set to go much beyond an hour - we plan to do this with circus acts, fire-eaters etc (honestly)

[quote name='thunderbird13' post='1156733' date='Mar 10 2011, 03:26 PM']"PRINCESS KNICKERS " :) :lol: :D[/quote]
Burlesque dancer who says on her MySpace page "I like to get out of my house and out of my clothes" :) Maybe those 60-75 minutes won't be so long ....!!!!

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1156747' date='Mar 10 2011, 03:42 PM']???

Mayhem? Maven? Moorhen?[/quote]
Ignoramus! Jiří Mahen (December 12, 1882 – May 22, 1939) was a Czech novelist, playwright and essayist. Thought everyone knew that

Edited by Clarky

Last round-up call. Hope to see some of you there tonight ... oh and be forewarned I am the most cr@p bass player on BassChat, whoever else lays claim to that title! That way your expectations are suitably low :)

Onstage time: 8.30pm sharp so don't dally in the pub! Oh and bring a copy of the flyer (in first post) and save a quid :)

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='1158211' date='Mar 11 2011, 03:45 PM']Last round-up call. Hope to see some of you there tonight ... oh and be forewarned I am the most cr@p bass player on BassChat, whoever else lays claim to that title! That way your expectations are suitably low :)

Onstage time: 8.30pm sharp so don't dally in the pub! Oh and bring a copy of the flyer (in first post) and save a quid :)[/quote]
Good luck mate.

After my gig got cancelled for this evening I wish I lived nearer to you Cockernies and I could have popped along.

Many thanks to (Happy) Jack, Ad (Low End Bee) and Al (Thunderbird13) plus drummer pal (got a mental block on his name, was it Paul?) for coming along tonight. I thought it went quite well :)

[attachment=74606:P1040093.JPG]

Edited by Clarky