Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble

Toastie1

[quote name='Toastie1' post='1135652' date='Feb 21 2011, 03:47 PM']Hi guys. I wonder if anyone plays a Fender Rumble 150 or 350 head ? They seem absurdly cheap for an amp of Fender quality.
Is there a catch ? Any info.greatly appreciated. David.[/quote]

I went to try one (150) on Saturday and right out of the box it didn't work. The guy in the shop said they are pretty rubbish. I would have liked to have found out for myself but never got the chance. Not sure I'd bother trying one now.

[quote name='Magnolia' post='1135704' date='Feb 21 2011, 04:19 PM']I went to try one (150) on Saturday and right out of the box it didn't work. The guy in the shop said they are pretty rubbish. I would have liked to have found out for myself but never got the chance. Not sure I'd bother trying one now.[/quote]
Much appreciated. The Fender guy on Youtube raves about them Well i suppose he would ! Many thanks.

Back in 2005, when buying a whole new set-up, I tried out the Rumble. Think it was the 1x15 combo, whatever that was, and was seriously impressed with the sound, however not the amount of volume available - as in, not much at all. Hopefully they`ve addressed this since.

Shame really, great sound, but not much point if no-one can hear it.

I looked at these for my 1st combo, and my friend has one....Rumble 150

I thought the sound was excellent but they seem to have a few common reliability issues...the 1st thing to go down is one of the inputs (active/passive I forget) seems to go down and main fuses always popping.

Edited by iconic