Why become a member? ×

Absolute-beginner

Bass-ic

[quote name='Absolute-beginner' post='129513' date='Jan 28 2008, 07:22 PM']Yup, thats me...have owned a bass for years, not a very good one, but finally, i picked it up. I sound rubbish, but ill get there!
Ha
Absolute beginner[/quote]
At least you've picked it up again :)

Keep at it and you'll improve no end. Lots of good tips and advice on here.

Cheers,
Pete.

[quote name='Absolute-beginner' post='129513' date='Jan 28 2008, 07:22 PM']Yup, thats me...have owned a bass for years, not a very good one, but finally, i picked it up. I sound rubbish, but ill get there!
Ha
Absolute beginner[/quote]

We all sound rubbish to start with. The main thing is to start, and welcome to the forum.

Welcome to BC.

You've come to the right place if you are starting out. Lots of diamond geezers and geezerettes to help you on your journey.

The thing I love about bass is that you can get great enjoyment from it without having to be an accomplished instrumentalist. I've been playing for 20 years and I'm a stunningly average player. I love just playing around three root notes and concentrating on getting the groove right. Suggest you get your funk CDs out and go for it (fewest chord changes of any music I can think of).

Keep the faith!