Why become a member? ×

Primus 2011 gigs??

thepurpleblob

[quote name='Doddy' post='1126257' date='Feb 13 2011, 06:51 PM']I started a thread in off topic earlier in the week.
It's Manchester and Brixton Academy.[/quote]
For which we are eternally grateful, Doddy. Come July we'll no doubt love you even more. :)

Saw them in the US last autumn. Great show, all the hits. Even stuff like "Jerry Was A Racecar Driver". They've still got it, and Jay Lane is an awesome drummer.

They did go through an awful phase of trying their hand at being a jam band when they first got back together after their hiatus. Glad they've given all that up. :)

I'm well looking forward to seeing them.
Never seen them or Les in the pink (i missed the Les gig last year)

Funny story though, i was on holiday 2 years back in the US (GFs dad lives right next to San Pablo Bay and El Sobrante) and we're both sitting in a blues bar in Sacremento, getting merrily drunk while a pretty cool blues trio are on stage (bass frontman too), well its halfway though the set and they have a lttle break, so the guitarist heads off somewhere leaving the bassist and drummer fiddling with gear.
Suddenly i hear a soung i recognise, the bassist and drummer have only just started playing My Name is Mud...impromtu, right there infront of to a bar full of people now cheering Primus

Surreal, happy times