Why become a member? ×

Artist Endorsed Strings

mrjim

Are artist endorsed strings any different from the regular production line ones or are you paying a bit extra just for the special packaging and the association with the artist?

I realise the gauge might be a special combination but are the basically just regular strings?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Dubs' post='1137254' date='Feb 22 2011, 04:09 PM']That is essentially it - just a custom gauge combination.[/quote]

or not, in the case of Steve Harris Rotos.

To be fair they did last a lot longer than the standard Roto flats of the same gauge...

[quote name='bartelby' post='1137319' date='Feb 22 2011, 05:08 PM']or not, in the case of Steve Harris Rotos.

To be fair they did last a lot longer than the standard Roto flats of the same gauge...[/quote]

I found the Steve Harris Rotos even better than the normal ones! And the guages were an Awsome Bonus! And I REALLY rate Rotosounds flats, only Flat wounds i'll ever use (I'm a round wound player mostly, which leads me too...)

But also Billy Sheehans Signature set... most notable for Custom Guage E and G string in the set .110 and .43 But i found these have a more snarl and are treblier than the normal set and have an insane treble ZING for about a week till they are worn in

Still Rotos normals sets are killer and the Artists are even better :)