Why become a member? ×

ACG "Graft" Harlot 4- Sold pending the usual.

giblett123

[quote name='jackjazz' post='1177513' date='Mar 26 2011, 07:46 PM']Can't believe this hasn't sold for this price. How old is this?[/quote]
3 months(ish), I guess its a sign of the times, there's lot of belt tightening going on out there and gear isn't shifting like it used to, the shape is probably also an acquired taste, I love it though! Price wise i think its pitched pretty well even though the custom stuff doesn't seem to fetch as much s/h as more mainstream rivals, dunno, I should have an experiment to see how low I can go without selling but I too am trying to curb the old spending! :)

[quote name='giblett123' post='1178229' date='Mar 27 2011, 01:17 PM']3 months(ish), I guess its a sign of the times, there's lot of belt tightening going on out there and gear isn't shifting like it used to, the shape is probably also an acquired taste, I love it though! Price wise i think its pitched pretty well even though the custom stuff doesn't seem to fetch as much s/h as more mainstream rivals, dunno, I should have an experiment to see how low I can go without selling but I too am trying to curb the old spending! :)[/quote]
Midweek bump, just in case! :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='steve-soar' post='1194954' date='Apr 10 2011, 07:32 PM']Mexican Fender, or hand built Scotish excellence.

Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.[/quote]
I know, bonkers isn't it! These are seriosly good basses as I'm sure the bods on here who have bought one recently will testify, gear just isn't selling at the mo with money being tight and job security generally iffy, even at silly prices! I am taking a hit on this one but have a real gas for the recurve 4 Alan has "on offer" on his site, just need to sell something to fund it!

[quote name='giblett123' post='1195419' date='Apr 11 2011, 09:21 AM']I know, bonkers isn't it! These are seriosly good basses as I'm sure the bods on here who have bought one recently will testify, gear just isn't selling at the mo with money being tight and job security generally iffy, even at silly prices! I am taking a hit on this one but have a real gas for the recurve 4 Alan has "on offer" on his site, just need to sell something to fund it![/quote]
Midweek bump.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='1247298' date='May 27 2011, 04:26 PM']Played this the other day, a really great bass... especially for that price! Someone snap it up quick before the market picks up and you regret not buying it.[/quote]
Cheers Rich, they are really good basses, my acg 5 is in now so this one isn't getting much playing.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe that this hasn't sold yet. It's the equivalent of an Audi at the price of a Ford.

Alan's quality of building basses is uncompromising whether he builds a full spec custom bass or a Graft. It's just the construction methods, hardware and number of options that differ.

People pay twice this for a knackered 70's Fender - makes no sense at all.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='1260710' date='Jun 8 2011, 08:36 AM']I can't believe that this hasn't sold yet. It's the equivalent of an Audi at the price of a Ford.

Alan's quality of building basses is uncompromising whether he builds a full spec custom bass or a Graft. It's just the construction methods, hardware and number of options that differ.

People pay twice this for a knackered 70's Fender - makes no sense at all.[/quote]
I'm baffled too! I'm taking a huge hit money wise on this one but if it goes I don't have to sell my 5 which I use more.... or if my "employers" get there shizzle together and pay me I can keep both!

• 9 months later...

Weekends fine Manraj, let me know which day and i'll stay in. Right... sound.... ideally I need to get some clips up and will do in the next week as soon as I can get access to something to rec on that'll do her justice, its kind of hard to describe, for me its nearer MM, sort of fat and v punchy but it does growl too, cuts through a mix really well.