Why become a member? ×

STINGRAY 4 HH Ltd Edition BFR Roasted neck info

Heartbreaker

I'm after a Musicman Stingray 4HH Ltd Edition that has the black body, ebony board & BFR roasted finish figured neck. Superb necks.These were yet again another limited model run of 200 back in August last year. Bass Central USA has one but they are not allowed to export them, great. Anybody know a UK shop or outlet that might get one over here, I'm running out of options so any help would be apreciated. Cheers, Rob.

Edited by Heartbreaker

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1120663' date='Feb 8 2011, 09:30 PM']That's Strings and Things, Worth a try I guess.[/quote]

Ooh - they'd be a good bet.
When I was in the trade their sales rep used to turn up once a month, sell stuff, drink coffee and have a general chit chat.
If any of the stores on his patch have one still then he'd probably know about it...

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1120650' date='Feb 8 2011, 09:14 PM']Nick from Nicks guitars had something similar but only 4H he has "people" in the States and gives a one on one service so he would be my first port of call, He has a knack for finding special stingrays and plays them himself so knows a good one from a bad one. Worth a ring IMO.[/quote]

Thanks Pete, Just droped Nick an email, notice he's getting a single H BFR Ltd in soon, hopfully he can get a HH version. Cheers, Rob.

I just called my cousin in San Diego... and he's buying the 4HH the OP was talking about for me!!! :)

nah, just kidding... but the description alone sounds seriously sexy. If I had a cousin in the US I might be tempted to call him :)
There was a time I used to travel to DC very frequently... pity I don't anymore. There are some amazing used guitars there at great prices, even after import duty etc.

[quote name='mcnach' post='1120845' date='Feb 9 2011, 12:57 AM']I just called my cousin in San Diego... and he's buying the 4HH the OP was talking about for me!!! :)

nah, just kidding... but the description alone sounds seriously sexy. If I had a cousin in the US I might be tempted to call him :)
There was a time I used to travel to DC very frequently... pity I don't anymore. There are some amazing used guitars there at great prices, even after import duty etc.[/quote]

Hello from a newbe...

I got a Big Al 5 bfr roasted neck from the states.
I ordered it in August.
These roasted necks are really good...

It is a good idea to

a. check the for sales thread over at the EBMM forums

and
b. contact as many dealers in the states as you can find. They are not allowed to ship overseas, but as long as you have someone in the US to pick it up for you (that may also be a carrier) you will be fine.

Edited by cellkirk74