Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN: 1979 Fender Precision.

matski

I'm putting my trusty old P bass up for sale.

It's an all original, unmodified 1979 USA Fender Precision in the iconic black body, black scratchplate, maple neck configuration as championed by the likes of Bruce Foxton, JJ Burnel, etc etc back in the day. Oh yeah, and that Waters bloke from Pink Floyd... :)

It has an S8 serial number but the pot codes date it to 1979. There are absolutely no issues with this bass - the neck is straight, the frets are in great condition, all the electrics work as they should, and there is no rattle or hum. The weight is 5kg (according to our kitchen scales).

It has its original chrome bridge cover, thumbrest, and straplocks - the only part that has got lost over the years is the chrome pickup cover. Also included in the sale is the original Fender hard case which although a bit scuffed up on the outside is still fully functional.

There are a few small dings on the body and a couple of patches where the chrome of the bridge cover has 'fused' to the paint of the bodywork, but nothing that affects playability. Likewise there is a bit of 'wedding ring wear' and a small chip out of the varnish at the 12th fret (see pic) - but once again nothing that affects playability. Basically it's in great shape for a 32 year old :)

I'm an Englishman abroad - based in Warsaw, Poland - so unfortunately can't invite prospective buyers round for a test-run, a chat, and a cup of tea, but am only willing to ship this bass with a reputable, insurable courier company such as DHL or UPS.

[b]Price: £1300 [/b]
Sorry, no trades. Any questions, feel free to PM.

Cheers!

*edited for price drop*

[attachment=71469:P79_in_case.jpg]

Edited by matski

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...