Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz re62 USA - LPB!!!!

Hiperi0n

Like new Fender Jazz Re62 USA, in super rare Lake Placid Blue Finish, all original.
Ships in Hardshell case.

1150£ ONO

[url="http://postimage.org/image/5zm55878/"][/url]

[url="http://postimage.org/image/5zpg7x6s/"][/url]

[url="http://postimage.org/image/5zr3r9ok/"][/url]

Edited by Hiperi0n

i'm told it exist in stack knobs version and in 3 knobs version.....so you can find both versions infact in 1962 was available in both version.
The source is Brian Barrett of Low End Basses in Usa from wich i bought the bass from some time ago.

Edited by Hiperi0n

that's what was told me when i bought it, i bought it from lowend, wich is a famous delear worldwide. i wrote Brian (the owner) today to be sure of it and he confirmed me that....i dont know if those are rarer than the usual stack knobs but he confirmed that they are/were available in both versions.

Whoever is interested in the bass i have no problem to unmount the bass and make pictures to testimony the originality of parts.

[quote name='Hiperi0n' post='1115679' date='Feb 4 2011, 06:01 PM']that's what was told me when i bought it, i bought it from lowend, wich is a famous delear worldwide. i wrote Brian (the owner) today to be sure of it and he confirmed me that....i dont know if those are rarer than the usual stack knobs but he confirmed that they are/were available in both versions.

Whoever is interested in the bass i have no problem to unmount the bass and make pictures to testimony the originality of parts.[/quote]

If you need someone to verify it, you could send it to me and I'll send it back after a few years and let you know?

[url="http://support.fender.com/service_diagrams/bass_guitars/019-0209C_SISD.pdf"]http://support.fender.com/service_diagrams...-0209C_SISD.pdf[/url]

definitely must have stacked knobs if its claimed as US RI or AV

Iam sorry for arguing here, but even if by some kind of randomness ever has been made 3knobs US 62 RI (now known as American Vintage, before as 62 RI) I dont believe they would originally have chrome knobs.
Fender does not care much about period correct things on RI or AV series(mostly in details), but I doubt they would make such fault and put chrome knobs on JB(they spare chromes for Squiers).

Sorry man but Low end basses should put out explanation if they sold you bass in such shape.

I dont mean to doubt origin of your bass, I just justifying questions on control plate arrangment.

Get stacked knobs worth about 100 USD and I must say that its wery good investmnet!!

Brian told me those can be early knobs used....now im not sure of this...so i have no problem to remove from the final price the 100$ needed to get stack knobs.....for the other parts im 100% sure it's all original cause i checked the neck..neck pocket and everything..... so if someone interested can get a nice reissue in a rare finish at a good price :)

read above we have discussed it before, the "lowend" thesis is that there were available also a USA 3 knobs versions.....that it's unsure for me but it can be..so the second option is the previous owner wanted the 3 knobs and replaced the stacked knobs with a 3 knobs plate....or it was a 3 knobs version and he just replaced the black knobs with chrome ones.

for all the rest the bass is 100% sure USA Reissue......

the japanese one has the neck marked as crafted or made in japan...they dont have the VRI serial.....etc....and i have checked all the neck pocket and neck stamps and pups and etc and those are all original USA stock reissue

Yeah you are right we didnt mention the japanese connection....sorry but english is not my first language so i didnt mean to be rude :)
everyy contribute is well appreciated....also if it is a sale thread it's interesting the discussion to have more knowledge.

But what i can garantee it is all 100% stock USA reissue, than for this knobs' "dilemma" , there are several hypotesis....but i told im ready to lower the price eventually for who is interested to put a stack knobs plate...so no problem i guess :)

[quote name='Hiperi0n' post='1116709' date='Feb 5 2011, 04:57 PM']Yeah you are right we didnt mention the japanese connection....sorry but english is not my first language so i didnt mean to be rude :)[/quote]
No problem.

[quote name='Hiperi0n' post='1116709' date='Feb 5 2011, 04:57 PM']But what i can garantee it is all 100% stock USA reissue, than for this knobs' "dilemma" , there are several hypotesis....but i told im ready to lower the price eventually for who is interested to put a stack knobs plate...so no problem i guess :)[/quote]
Some people will prefer the V/V/T anyway.

• 2 weeks later...