Why become a member? ×

Fender 70s Jazz Custom Shop

herr rocket

The Limited Edition Custom Shop Basses are even rarer and harder to find than the standard Custom Shop models. These basses are the ultimate in style, finishing, quality and tone, truly awesome and ultra collectable.

The 1970 Jazz Bass Custom Shop Limited Edition features a 2-piece premium ash body and a 3-ply white pickguard. The one-piece quartersawn maple neck ('70s U shape) has a gloss urethane finish and white binding, and a 7.25"-radius maple fingerboard, white pearloid block position inlays, and 20 medium jumbo frets. The sound comes from twin vintage-style Jazz Bass single-coil pickups (bridge pickup is 1/4" closer to bridge than normal). Other features include nickel/chrome hardware, vintage-style reverse tuning machines and an American Vintage Jazz Bass bridge. Also included are a Fender Custom Shop limited edition decal and certificate, plus a deluxe cream tolex hardshell case (orange interior with ltd edition custom shop emblem), strap, and cable.

This bass features Fender's Closet Classic treatment-built as if it was bought new in its respective model year, played maybe a few times per year and then carefully put away. It has a few small dings, a mildly checked finish, lightly oxidized hardware and aged plastic parts.

Fender Custom Shop Custom Shop Limited Editon 1970 Jazz Bass Features:
Custom Shop Limited Edition Series
2-piece premium ash body
Quartersawn maple neck with '70s "U" shape and gloss urethane finish
Maple fingerboard with 7.25" radius (184mm)
20 medium jumbo frets
2 Vintage Jazz Bass single-coil pickups
Bridge pickup 1/4" closer to bridge
Volume, volume, and master tone controls
American Vintage Jazz Bass bridge
Vintage-style reverse tuning machines
Nickel/chrome hardware
3-ply white pickguard
Custom Shop Limited Edition decal
White neck binding
Closet Classic treatment: small dings, checked finish, oxidized hardware and aged plastic parts
weight is only 3,96kg !!!

, bass is located in germany , trades possible

Edited by herr rocket

Hello,

are you intersted in a trade for a 60's custom shop jazz bass ?

I have :
- a '64 nos in sunburst from 2001.4 kg.An excellent well known model.This bass is great for playing a lot of style.
- a '62 "stack knobs" in lake placid blue matching headstock from 1993 (you can view it on this forum).4.3 kg.Excellent balance.This one is from the early years and have the more vintage "broken in" sound/feel of my collection.
- a '62 with "3 pots control" in shell pink matching headstock from 1996.4.1 kg.Excellent ballance.This one have a flame neck.Every metal piece are gold (tuners, bridge, pickup covers).This bass is trully excellent.I have to notice one of the tuner is a bit rough (but works).

All of my bass comes with OHSC and certificate, accessories.

Well having a 70's would be a good thing for me.The 70's might sound different compared to the 60's and add some variety.

Please tell me if you are interested.
I' m located in france (city : toulon in the south est).I' m a serious buyer/seller.You can see my profile on ebay.

Regards
Nicolas

Intersting in trading for an Overwater bass?

[quote name='herr rocket' post='1112026' date='Feb 2 2011, 09:04 AM']The Limited Edition Custom Shop Basses are even rarer and harder to find than the standard Custom Shop models. These basses are the ultimate in style, finishing, quality and tone, truly awesome and ultra collectable.

The 1970 Jazz Bass Custom Shop Limited Edition features a 2-piece premium ash body and a 3-ply white pickguard. The one-piece quartersawn maple neck ('70s U shape) has a gloss urethane finish and white binding, and a 7.25"-radius maple fingerboard, white pearloid block position inlays, and 20 medium jumbo frets. The sound comes from twin vintage-style Jazz Bass single-coil pickups (bridge pickup is 1/4" closer to bridge than normal). Other features include nickel/chrome hardware, vintage-style reverse tuning machines and an American Vintage Jazz Bass bridge. Also included are a Fender Custom Shop limited edition decal and certificate, plus a deluxe cream tolex hardshell case (orange interior with ltd edition custom shop emblem), strap, and cable.

This bass features Fender's Closet Classic treatment-built as if it was bought new in its respective model year, played maybe a few times per year and then carefully put away. It has a few small dings, a mildly checked finish, lightly oxidized hardware and aged plastic parts.

Fender Custom Shop Custom Shop Limited Editon 1970 Jazz Bass Features:
Custom Shop Limited Edition Series
2-piece premium ash body
Quartersawn maple neck with '70s "U" shape and gloss urethane finish
Maple fingerboard with 7.25" radius (184mm)
20 medium jumbo frets
2 Vintage Jazz Bass single-coil pickups
Bridge pickup 1/4" closer to bridge
Volume, volume, and master tone controls
American Vintage Jazz Bass bridge
Vintage-style reverse tuning machines
Nickel/chrome hardware
3-ply white pickguard
Custom Shop Limited Edition decal
White neck binding
Closet Classic treatment: small dings, checked finish, oxidized hardware and aged plastic parts
weight is only 3,96kg !!!

£1850 , bass is located in germany , trades possible[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...