Why become a member? ×

ProBass / Retrobibe fretless

Stuee

I emailed David Konig at [url="http://probass.co.uk/Home.html"]ProBass [/url]to enquire as to whether he had any plans to do a fretless Retrovibe AERO1/2.

He got back to me today saying, "No plans for any fretless models at the moment but if there was enough interest... I might consider it."

So, would you guys be into that? I know I would! Please comment here and email [url="http://mailto:%[email protected]"][email protected][/url] to express your interest, and please mention that you are a BassChat member.

If there are enough of us and we are enthusiastic, I'm sure we can convince him. I think it'd be nice to have an alternative to the Vintage or Squire fretless models.

Cheers, Stuee.

Edited by Stuee

I think you've got your answer Stuee by the sound of the tumbleweed.

The ProBasses look very nice, but the fret-less market is smaller, so interest is diminished straight away.

Also the Squire Vintage Modified fretless falls into a similar price band, and the VM range seem to have established a good reputation.

It's frustrating when you don't get an answer I know, but it's nothing personal. :) .....just blame Fender.

Thanks oldslapper,

Sure, I understand. I only asked because there was a definite buzz of excitement about David's fretted models, which suggested to me they may be as good or better than the Squier and Vintage equivalents. The AERO1 is at least 20% cheaper than any Squier on the street, at £199.

I guess I was hoping for some feedback on that too, be it positive or negative, but perhaps I should've phrased my post more as an enquiry than a petition! :)

Still, it is a little frustrating when 125 people have read your post but none has replied.

Anyway, as you say, I have my answer! It's a shame though - these things look the mutt's & [post="872906"]sound great[/post] for the money.