Why become a member? ×

Hey everybody!

TRBboy

Hey everybody! I'm new here..........

Been playing for about 16 years, gigging for about 13 - 14 years. Started off playing metal, but have since covered most other areas (except jazz!). Played in covers bands, original bands, band for professional pantomime at local theatre. Influences are: too many to mention! Inspired by all the greats including: James Jamerson, Flea, Nate Watts, Cass Lewis, Mike Dirnt, etc, etc.

Current gear:

Fender USA Jazz (97) Lake Placid Blue
Yamaha TRB1004NT
Yamaha TRB1005TRD
Yamaha RBX270 BK (Project bass - advice needed!)
Markbass CMD102P 2X10" combo
Markbass 15" cab
Radial Bassbone
Boss ODB-3

Hope to chat with you soon!

Hey there! Thanks for the offer of help - I need a sounding board!

I was going to put an Aguilar OBP2 I've got in the RBX, but I think I'd rather keep it passive now. Gonna replace the pickups but I can't decide what to go for. Don't want to spend silly money - looked at the Kent Armstrongs from WD Music but not sure that they'll hit the spot. I like a nice, full powerful sound, and I'm leaning towards the Dimarzio Model P/Js at the moment. Considered SD quarter pounders too, but I've got them in my jazz so I'd like something different I think.

Any suggestions?

I'm gonna strip the wiring out and start again but can't decide whether to go VVT or 3-way toggle. Might depend if I can find a decent toggle with a longer thread!

i'd sway towards vvt, although my pickup man is talkin varitone for the future. no tone pots. i'd never touch controls whilst playing and i think caps are maybe the way forward for tone, for us anyway. i don't have a lot of experience with a lot of pups but i do use kent armstrongs which i think have a nicely balanced tone. we make our own pickups now like, scatterwinding is the best! there's nowt wrong with passives mate.