Why become a member? ×

Purchase advice please!

indiegrungesound

Hello everyone.

I try to keep any outbreaks of GAS under control, but I need the advice of the good people of this forum regarding a possible purchase.

I've spotted an Ibanez RDGR on sale in a local Cash Converters for less than £90. It's a 24 fret neck black with a jazz neck pick up and a double humbucker Musicmanesque bridge pick up. If it's active, I may yet pick it up. (Can't tell if it is as there is a large cavity cover but no separate battery one.)

Your help advice is appreciated. Thanks!

For that money, if it sounds good and you can play it, then go for it.

I have to say though, I think, at that sort of money this thing is a lottery...but then you could apply that to many others budgets as well. Only you can really tell if it will do the job you want when you get to play and hear it.

Best of luck

i usually go with my gut. if the idea of buying the bass has planted itself in the pit of your stomach, just do it. what's the big deal? £90 and a setup and you could have yourself a decent new bass. i um'd and ahh'd about a usa tele FOR £250 in cash con for 24 hours, and on my return, GONE! if you don't someone else will, and then you'll never know.