Why become a member? ×

Alleva Coppolo

BossHog

For Sale,

My Alleva Coppolo LM5 finished in period "root beer". Made in summer 2009 and ordered direct from Alleva after trying a similar bass at the NAMM Show, ash body, maple neck, block and bound with AC pick-ups and electronics. It's truly an amazing sounding bass nailing that seventies J Bass tone, its almost showroom condition with the only signs of wear being light wear on the scratchplate. Its light for an ash body bass weighing in at around 9.5 pounds on my domestic scales , based in Newcastle upon Tyne. £2500.00 (The marks that appear on the body are courtesy of a crap camera and are not on the bass, I'll try to post better pics over the next couple of days)

[attachment=70367:SAM_0521.JPG]
[attachment=70362:SAM_0518.JPG]
[attachment=70368:SAM_0522.JPG]
[attachment=70365:SAM_0525.JPG]
[attachment=70366:SAM_0526.JPG]

Edited by BossHog

Hand-built beauty! For anybody in any doubt, take a look at TB Alleva Club thread (somewhat biased but some top players raving about Jimmy Coppolo's basses). This one is a great chance to get an AC at a very good price.

Quick question - does this have a thin-skin poly finish, and does it come in one of the AC cases?

[quote name='richardd' post='1108093' date='Jan 30 2011, 01:06 PM']:) What are you doing Micky :)[/quote]

Just not having the opportunity to play it much Rich..my current gig demands a P Bass old school sound and it's such a great instrument to have lying around. As you know mate I'm not a hoarder, how you doing anyway?

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='BossHog' post='1109556' date='Jan 31 2011, 03:12 PM']Just not having the opportunity to play it much Rich..my current gig demands a P Bass old school sound and it's such a great instrument to have lying around. As you know mate I'm not a hoarder, how you doing anyway?[/quote]

is the bass still to sell?