Why become a member? ×

Which Multieffects Should I Buy?

thumperbob 2002

Hi All

I am looking to buy a Multi-effects unit. I would like a high quality one that I would be able to gig with. I have a Zoom 708 that is OK- but pretty noisy really.

Dont want something too big but if its recommended would think about it. I am a bit spoiled for choice so would like advice from the helpful people on here.

Cheers

Bob

Don't buy an expensive one!

First find out why your current one is noisy - maybe wrong power supply or grounding isues with it, try it with batteries for troubleshooting. If it's realy a fault of the unit then get a used Boss or something similar.

Use it extensively until you find the fx's you like more and realy use then start buying good (and often expensive) stompboxes!

My 2 cents...

On the floor Pal. I use some effects in our set- wah-octaver-I use the compression in the Zoom but its not very good....

I have a few stompboxes but really dont like the faffing about with them- really looking for a box that has good tone- few usable effects- tuner ( but thats not a deal breaker )- really something high quality- would like to use this instaed of my Sansamp too- just to simplify my rig. Budget not an issue but I dont want to buy something silly- The M13 looks a bit rediculous to me.

Bob

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' post='1104050' date='Jan 26 2011, 05:10 PM']Don't buy an expensive one!

First find out why your current one is noisy - maybe wrong power supply or grounding isues with it, try it with batteries for troubleshooting. If it's realy a fault of the unit then get a used Boss or something similar.

Use it extensively until you find the fx's you like more and realy use then start buying good (and often expensive) stompboxes!

My 2 cents...[/quote]

Yeah the Zoom 708 is known to be noisy- no issue with power supply etc -they all are like that sir!!--not too bad for live work but pants for recording

I have been using a Boss ME 50 B and have been very impressed with it - a very good one box does all solution, it has an excellent range of compressor/limiter options, built in tuner, expression pedal and programable effects - pretty well does everything and there's a noise gate built in too. Well made and relatively inexpensive plus a fair few crop up second hand.

As it is i don't really use effects any more so mine's likely to be one of those that pops up in the for sale fairly shortly.

Martin

Hi all

I got a line 6 xt bass pod live off a chap in Doncaster yesterday. eBay purchase for £148. Really pleased with this. More options sound wise and tone wise than I will ever need - quiet, high quality tone. The amp modelling on this unit is second to none.

With these units I don't want to radically alter my tone, just some small changes at some gigs. Having one box makes setting up so much easier.

Watch this space for pedal off loading. Sansamp BDDI, bass xciter, some ash down pedals, zoom 708II. No idea how much they are worth??

Cheers

Bob