Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray 5 For Sale

challxyz

SOLD
Musicman Stingray 5 string HH (the beasty with the double humbuckers) all black, looks rather cool & sounds brilliant, really nice action, good condition apart from the odd very small knock, been used and gigged lots but looked after. It pains me to sell this bass but it's not getting played and it's just too good to be sat in it's flight case!!! (case inc)
I'm looking at offers around £850.00, me n the bass are in Leeds, pick up would be great but willing to travel within reason, or could arrange courier at your expense.
any questions then PM me.

[attachment=69944:IMG_0097.JPG]
[attachment=69945:IMG_0098.JPG]

Edited by challxyz

I really like the look of this bass :)
I have a stingray 5 with single humbucker and piezo pup's.

I have never played a stingray 5 with 2 humbucker pup's , Please can you tell me roughly what the tone is like? is the bass tone more versitile having the 2 humbuckers ?

Chris

Ps. Have a bump on me.

Hi Chris,
Yes it's a nice looking & sounding bass, it has a wide range of tones from funkyness on bridge pickup to a big warm sound on neck and everything in between! I've not tried another MM next to it so can't really compare, I just know it has plenty of scope for some nice tones :)

Thanks for the bump......I'm new on here, what are bumps?!
Col

[quote name='Chris Horton' post='1102840' date='Jan 25 2011, 09:47 PM']I really like the look of this bass :)
I have a stingray 5 with single humbucker and piezo pup's.

I have never played a stingray 5 with 2 humbucker pup's , Please can you tell me roughly what the tone is like? is the bass tone more versitile having the 2 humbuckers ?

Chris

Ps. Have a bump on me.[/quote]

• 1 month later...

[quote name='challxyz' post='1103877' date='Jan 26 2011, 03:43 PM']Hi Chris,
Yes it's a nice looking & sounding bass, it has a wide range of tones from funkyness on bridge pickup to a big warm sound on neck and everything in between! I've not tried another MM next to it so can't really compare, I just know it has plenty of scope for some nice tones :)

Thanks for the bump......I'm new on here, what are bumps?!
Col[/quote]
they're small lumps!

...this is a bump too

Edited by Shonks