Why become a member? ×

TO GO: Trace Bright Box

EBS_freak

[quote name='overwater#1' post='126199' date='Jan 23 2008, 03:38 PM']Holy sh*t!!!! Sorry, I nearly had a heart attack!! haha That would have been quite nice..

I seriously fancy the one on Ebay at the mo, that would be awesome, but really cannot afford to spend that at the moment..! Damn :)[/quote]

OK... so where's Kev?

[quote name='overwater#1' post='126209' date='Jan 23 2008, 03:45 PM']Hah.. hey im always on the ball looking for tracey gear lol!! In fact though, I really need a bright box...

Are you the guy selling the Bright Box on the Bay??[/quote]

Nah - I got rid of all my Trace gear a while a go. Good stuff though... I was going through one of those stages where I just fancied a change! Although the 4x10 wasn't much fun lugging around.

I know what you mean, I fancy a couple of 1x12's or 2x10's now to be honest.. plus something with a bit more top end, as my 4x10 doesn't have a horn in it, hence my great interest in a bright box. The stack could do with more top end to really show off my bass.. yes, why do I have such an expensive bass, and can't afford to spend on an expensive amp... my parents actually bought the bass outright for me, god theyr'e awesome.. I want to make a career from playing, so they thought it right to help me in this way, and get me my dream bass.. but unfortunately, I really cannot afford to get the amp to do it justice just yet.... I keep considering selling both cabs and buying some light EBS stuff, or similar, but I wouldn't get a large amount for the Trace cabs i'd of thought, so I can't be arsed.. I did though send the seller of this bright box on ebay an email explaining my situation, and offered him £50, and asked for him to make a deal sort of... £50 is way too less I know!!!, but I wanted him to say, well.. call it £80 or something.. but I don't think he was to pleased by the message.. haha :)
The trace rig I have has always been my dream rig, and to be honest, I want to keep hold of it.. im never selling that head!! But the cabs are just so damn heavy and awkward to move around!!

If anyone fancies the cabs though, send me a PM.. I wouldn't mind selling them for the right price really.. well, id have to think about it.. well a good long mull over it!!!

I must try and find a 2x10 or similar to be honest, but I could only spend like £100 or so on one... where the hell would I find something decent for that sort of money...??

Anyways.. i have finished having my moan now haha.... :huh:

Edited by overwater#1

[quote name='overwater#1' post='126305' date='Jan 23 2008, 05:23 PM']I know what you mean, I fancy a couple of 1x12's or 2x10's now to be honest.. plus something with a bit more top end, as my 4x10 doesn't have a horn in it, hence my great interest in a bright box. The stack could do with more top end to really show off my bass.. yes, why do I have such an expensive bass, and can't afford to spend on an expensive amp... my parents actually bought the bass outright for me, god theyr'e awesome.. I want to make a career from playing, so they thought it right to help me in this way, and get me my dream bass.. but unfortunately, I really cannot afford to get the amp to do it justice just yet.... I keep considering selling both cabs and buying some light EBS stuff, or similar, but I wouldn't get a large amount for the Trace cabs i'd of thought, so I can't be arsed.. I did though send the seller of this bright box on ebay an email explaining my situation, and offered him £50, and asked for him to make a deal sort of... £50 is way too less I guess, but I wanted him to say, well.. call it £80 or something.. but I don't think he was to pleased by the message.. haha :)
The trace rig I have has always been my dream rig, and to be honest, I want to keep hold of it.. im never selling that head!! But the cabs are just so damn heavy and awkward to move around!!

If anyone fancies the cabs though, send me a PM.. I wouldn't mind selling them for the right price really.. well, id have to think about it.. !

I must try and find a 2x10 or similar to be honest, but I could only spend like £100 or so on one... where the hell would I find something decent for that sort of money...??

Anyways.. i have finished having my moan now haha.... :huh:[/quote]

You wouldn't want EBS cabs with a Trace anyway - the EBS cabs are rated at 4 Ohms which means you could only hook one up to your amp.

As for getting a cheap cab, it may pay to go with a BFM- I've never heard one but there are lots of people on here who certainly do rave about them. Instead of looking at bright boxes, maybe you should look into that.

Alternatively, you could get a cross over fitted in your trace and wire in a horn. In fact, I reckon you could find the exact components and change yours to the horn version for less than £50. Much better than a bright box in my opinion.

My mate modded his Ashdown. He put in an Eminence crossover and a bullet tweeter and he was away.

Fitting a fixed crossover is easy and would require no modification but if you wanted to have say, a variable level Eminence tweeter, you could still put it in without modification. Just take one of the speakers out and put the crossover inside and secure it down somehow. A bit of a pain to change the level but it would mean no cutting of the outside of the box. You would still have to cut the baffle to mount the tweeter though.

My mate bought a cheap one of eBay. It sounds pretty good. The EBS have the Seleniums - [url="http://www.iakn.com/prosound/st304.html"]http://www.iakn.com/prosound/st304.html[/url] - The original horns on the Traces weren't anything spectacular by any means so I reckon an Eminence with the Selenium would be a pretty mean upgrade... (and still sound better than a bright box)

Anyway, it's funny how when we all start out, it's about the biggest rig. Now it's about the smallest, most powerful rig! (hence my 2 2x10s) Portable, powerful. Job done.

What do you reckon your whole rig is worth? I thought I would never sell my Trace rig... and then I stumbled across EBS... If there is anything that shows your bass off... well... pure hifi.

[quote name='ped' post='126311' date='Jan 23 2008, 05:26 PM']Bugger. Considering upping your warning level Mr. Freak ;0)[/quote]

Aw c'mon. It's been a bad day at work. Everybody needs a little fun!

I'm not doing too well am I? First "The Wife" post... now this...

*sigh* nanny state. ;0)

[quote name='ped' post='126347' date='Jan 23 2008, 06:22 PM']Lol - tell you what, get me a bright box and we will forget the whole thing ;0)

cheers
ped[/quote]

Would you believe it, I've just given my last bright box to Overwater#1...

[quote name='overwater#1' post='126384' date='Jan 23 2008, 07:21 PM']or triple if I dont get this promised bright box!!!

:) :huh: ;)[/quote]

Hearing some of the stories on here about courier companies... I wouldn't hold your breath.

[quote name='ped' post='126388' date='Jan 23 2008, 07:26 PM']I suppose if it doesn't turn up then me and you could gang up on Mr. Overwater - I will join the side of whoever looks hardest[/quote]

Jeez. All this over a Trace-Elliot.

*Grabs coat and runs for cover.*