Why become a member? ×

Wizard Thumper. Anyone Have Trouble Fitting One?

dave_bass5

Right'o, a quick update as ive now sorted it out.

Ive now replaced the Thumper with a Fender 62 Original pickup and it fits perfectly. Ive looked at a few other pups and they are also slightly smaller than the Thumper.
I know Andy said the case was Fender size (and im sure thats what he thought) but its definitely bigger than the Stock pup, all the Symour Duncans ive looked at, and the Fender i now have in the bass.

No big deal, i think i might prefer the Fender pup, at least for now. I now need to get another PG as the one i have is looking a bit manky around the cut outs.

[quote name='mcnach' post='1185346' date='Apr 1 2011, 10:10 PM']so was this on the fiesta red CV Squier?

how did you think the pickups compared to the originals?[/quote]

It was. The I only did one gig with the stock pickup, and to be honest it sounded fine, but the Thumper has a lot more punch to it. It seems quite heavy in the low mids and has a darker overal tone. I've been happy with it but now ive got the Fender in i think its a bit more open sounding and pretty close to the original pup.

Thanks!

Those Thumpers do seem to be just what I want for a P-bass. I really like the original pickup, but I wish it had just a bit more 'punch'. I'll have to try it in rehearsal/live to have a better idea.

I did my first gig with the Fender pup in last night and im in two minds whether to keep it or not.
I normally use a BDDI and i couldn't be bothered last night (3 hour wait to set up) and i had my cab at a different angle so i can understand that everything would sound different, i need to give it another go this weekend with my normal set up, but i must say i was a bit underwhelmed with my tone last night.
I also felt this way at home through my PC and my usual practice set up.

Maybe l liked the Thumper more than i thought.