Why become a member? ×

Downsizing, Cab Or Combo?

krazy_olie

Hi guys, too long since I've posted here.

Essentially I don't like my cab - Ashdown MAG 115, it is massive and while can produce thundering sounds can lack highs as well so I want rid of it. I'm running this with a warwick profet III (the original German one).

I'm just wondering if I should move to a combo or just get a smaller/lightweight cab, probably a 112?.
I can't see my cab fetching much money so to upgrade just the cab might work out more expensive than a combo but I don't really know how much my stuff is worth so I'm rather confused :) . I don't know if I should sell then buy or part exchange as well

In terms of combos i have my eyes on the Ibanez promethean and the hartke 112c, I don't really know what cab options are available to me, presumably the cab equivalents of these models?
don't really want to spend more than £250 after sales of current stuff (or thing), but will do if it's really worth it.

I'm leaning towards the combo idea mostly for compactness, but I do like my amp and would be a shame to let it go without good reason.

Suggestions and thoughts welcome!

Cheers, Olie

Hmm, difficult one - a 2x10 will have better highs, but probably not have enough depth on its own for most.

I think a single speaker, unless you`re looking at higher priced makes, is unlikely to give the performance you`re after.

I think the suggestion of adding in a 2x10 to what you currently have makes sense, or maybe have a look at this

[url="http://www.bassmerchant.com/item_detail.php?product_id=450&category_id=2"]http://www.bassmerchant.com/item_detail.ph...p;category_id=2[/url]

2x12, with tweeter, 104db sensitivity, power handling of 400 watts. £339.00

The 4x10 in this range only weighs 52lbs, so the 2x12 would be lighter.

Sell the Ashdown 1x15 cab, get the best of 10s and 15s, in one cab.