Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Promethean - New Namm Stuff

wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1094794' date='Jan 19 2011, 08:19 AM']Shamelessly nicked from Talkbass, here's the new tilt-back cab... which can also be ordered as a combo:

I like the idea of the combo for bigger gigs...[/quote]

Glad to see they've not come out with anything too radically different, hate having out of date gear :)

Eude

How does the head holds on to the cab? I would like to have something that holds my shuttle head to the tilted cab without having to get the GB combo sleeve. The best thing i've seen was Fender's Jazzmaster's feet on my guitards cab. It has magnets on the head's feet and on the cab's recessed feet hold. Any idea where to get hold of something like this?

Sorry for the threadjack!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1095011' date='Jan 19 2011, 12:28 PM']If it's anything like the 'normal' combo, it'll be kept on by four long thumb screws.[/quote]

Yeah but in the combos the head is hidden on a recessed compartment on the back. This on has it on the top, maybe they've putted some washers on top to sit the head still and maintained the back compartiment?!!

[quote name='MythSte' post='1095031' date='Jan 19 2011, 12:35 PM']I really do want to have a proper listen to a prometheon, I still have a bit of a mental block about them being Ibanez in my head - even after all the good reviews![/quote]

It felt like a bit of a shot in the dark for me when I got mine, especially when moving from a tried and tested MarkBass-Aguilar setup, however it was the only thing that was in my price range that had everything I needed at the size I required. At the end of the day, you can always return stuff if it's not what you expected.
I have to say though, the Promethean gear is really high quality, I admit i was very pleasantly surprised at just how solid the little combo is :)

Eude

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' post='1095050' date='Jan 19 2011, 12:46 PM']Yeah but in the combos the head is hidden on a recessed compartment on the back. This on has it on the top, maybe they've putted some washers on top to sit the head still and maintained the back compartiment?!![/quote]
It is recessed in the combo, but as the head isn't recessed on this configuration, it's kind-of a moot point whether the screws are flush or not...?

Then again, maybe it's as simple as some shallow routes in the cabinet, and the feet sit in there?

Who knows...

[quote name='MythSte' post='1095031' date='Jan 19 2011, 12:35 PM']I really do want to have a proper listen to a prometheon, I still have a bit of a mental block about them being Ibanez in my head - even after all the good reviews![/quote]
You really should... somehow I got ever the Ibanez thing straight away - probably because it isn't written anywhere on the combo. :)

I'm consistently amazed by mine, both as a combo and a head.

[quote name='eude' post='1095052' date='Jan 19 2011, 12:50 PM']It felt like a bit of a shot in the dark for me when I got mine, especially when moving from a tried and tested MarkBass-Aguilar setup, however it was the only thing that was in my price range that had everything I needed at the size I required. At the end of the day, you can always return stuff if it's not what you expected.
I have to say though, the Promethean gear is really high quality, I admit i was very pleasantly surprised at just how solid the little combo is :)

Eude[/quote]

+100

I agree. I stumbled across this cab a long while back as a friend of mine was reviewing it then ended up buying them. They sound great and for the money, you can't argue at all. It's definitely an alternative to MarkBass. I'd choose it over Markbass. I'd like to get me the combo 1x10

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1095073' date='Jan 19 2011, 12:59 PM']You really should... somehow I got ever the Ibanez thing straight away - probably because it isn't written anywhere on the combo. :)

I'm consistently amazed by mine, both as a combo and a head.[/quote]

Fortunately I've just bought a new amp so I shouldn't need to try anything for a while now!

Never say never though...

[quote name='MythSte' post='1095092' date='Jan 19 2011, 01:15 PM']Fortunately I've just bought a new amp so I shouldn't need to try anything for a while now!

Never say never though...[/quote]

GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!