Why become a member? ×

'ticking' Noise?...

Count Bassie

I've got a Trace Elliot AH250SMX plugged into a Trace 1048 4x10 cab. With either of my 2 basses, both passive, I'm getting a low-volume, slow, 'tick... tick... tick...' noise. I only have one head until I get the other out of the shop this week, so I can't really test it A/B. But I wonder if anyone here might know what that is?

There is a hf tweeter in the cab, and I wonder if that's it. But I hear it from the speakers, I believe, also. Hope it's not the amp, I just got it back from the shop as well, and don't want to spend another small sum on it.

My amp guy says that although the SMX Trace heads are well engineered, their manufacturing was apparently not very well executed. He's servied my amp before, and other Trace rigs also. Anyway, any insight is welcome, thanks.

[quote name='Count Bassie' post='1092097' date='Jan 17 2011, 04:32 AM']Hmmm... seems it might be my cell phone that I believe was in my pocket at the time. :)

Duh...[/quote]

Aha!

Don't worry, Its happened to the best of us... At least you werent at a gig and got an incoming call!

• 2 weeks later...

i thought it might have been set to self destruct- :) seriously though this thread has made my morning i nearly spat y coffee over the screen!! very funny, there is a small place in hell reserved for people who use mobile phones during gigs, woodwind players are terrible for it, sat in the pit between numbers texting away it drives me mad!! especially when it makes that ticking sound through my amp :)

Edited by lee650

[quote name='lee650' post='1109149' date='Jan 31 2011, 05:22 AM']i thought it might have been set to self destruct- :) reriously though this thread has made my morning i nearly spat y coffee over the screen!!, there is a small place in hell reserved for people who use mobile phones during gigs, woodwind players are terrible for it, sat in the pit between numbers texting away it drives me mad!! especially when it makes that ticking sound through my amp :)[/quote]

I REPENT!!! :lol: