Why become a member? ×

NEW Ibanez Grooveline!

Spoombung

Just got one of these yesterday. I went to the store with no intention of buying anything when I saw this sucker and began to play it. Oh man...I couldn't part ways with the instrument, it's simply the best bass I've played since my Yamaha TRB 6P. I've owned more than 50 basses in my life. I understand the price tag completely, you really need to play this instrument before criticizing it. The feel is totally professional the neck profile is perfect, not like those unplayable SR-toothpicks. It's balances perfectly and sounds good for anything. I can really play on this one. The bass invites for playing and beats my old ibanez btb 1206 prestige BIG TIME in every aspect but looks and pickups (and that btb was a work of art)
The cons: heavy weight (for me, it's somewhere around 5 kg), not as quiet electronics as I would like from an expensive bass, e string feels a little dull. Other than that its a dream bass come true. Try one, this bass will be a cult instrument in the future.

Edited by Inti

I really admire Ibanez. I think any company that is not scared to break out of the bass industries 60 yr Fender obsession by comitting serious money into developing original designs deserves great credit.

I have always found their instruments to be extremely well thought out, ergonomic, infinitely playable and great sounding. This model is a bit of a slow burner for me personally...but I have no doubt (from experience) that if I picked one up and had a play with it I would want one lol!

Edited by White Cloud

[quote name='Inti' timestamp='1356825798' post='1914156']
Just got one of these yesterday. I went to the store with no intention of buying anything when I saw this sucker and began to play it. Oh man...I couldn't part ways with the instrument, it's simply the best bass I've played since my Yamaha TRB 6P. I've owned more than 50 basses in my life. I understand the price tag completely, you really need to play this instrument before criticizing it. The feel is totally professional the neck profile is perfect, not like those unplayable SR-toothpicks. It's balances perfectly and sounds good for anything. I can really play on this one. The bass invites for playing and beats my old ibanez btb 1206 prestige BIG TIME in every aspect but looks and pickups (and that btb was a work of art)
The cons: heavy weight (for me, it's somewhere around 5 kg), not as quiet electronics as I would like from an expensive bass, e string feels a little dull. Other than that its a dream bass come true. Try one, this bass will be a cult instrument in the future.
[/quote]

Can you tell me where you bought it? I still haven't seen one if these in shop.