Why become a member? ×

New Cab/Amp - advice wanted

Freddiel75

Hi,

basically I have pulled the last of my hair out deciding which route to take and I am back to square one.

I am looking to get myself a new bass rig and wondered what the best options are (below) taking into consideration the best value, quality of sound, weight and reliability. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Ashdown ABM Compact 210t + ABM Compact 115t (£618 the pair)
or
Warwick Pro WCA 211 + the WCA 115 (£610 the pair)
or
Hartke Hydrive HX115 + HX115 or HX115 + HX410 (£800/£900 the pair)
or
Barefaced Super 12t (£675)

Amp wise looking at either Markbass LMIII or Hartke LH1000 or Ashdown ABM Evo III

Needs to be versatile to cover rock/funk/jazz etc and loud enough to compete in medium to large venues ie rock clubs/outdoors/theatres etc etc.

Many thanks in advance
Freddie

I think if I were looking at new cabs, my first port of call would be Barefaced, and would then look elsewhere only if I weren`t satisfied.

From what I`ve read on here, you get a months trial period (correct me if I`m wrong anyone). How many other companies are that confident with their product?

In your situation I`d contact Alex, and explain what yr after, and see what his recommendations are.

At some point I [b]know[/b] I`ll end up with a Barefaced cab, its just a matter of time..................

I use the Warwick WCA kit.

On the plus side you get high wattage at 8Ω (unlike many other cabs that specify output at 4Ω) and are therefore easily stackable without dipping towards the minimum impedance levels specified by amp manufacturers. They are extremely robust and well made.

On the minus side they weigh an absolute ton.