Why become a member? ×

Expanding ona Roland Cube-100

grayn

• 10 months later...

I have the 100 cube and also love the sound, particularly the bassman simulated sound. Tried with a 4 ohm 2x10 Peavey cab and there was next to no difference to the sound, just lifted it of the ground. Still thinking of trying with an 8 ohm cab for lightness and small, medium vol pub gigs.
But perhaps just need to recognise that its a great practice amp but keep to the big rig for use along side a rock drummer.

[quote name='bear-foot-bass' timestamp='1323536230' post='1464361']
Tried with a 4 ohm 2x10 Peavey cab and there was next to no difference to the sound, just lifted it of the ground.
[/quote]

You dont want to use a 4Ω extension cab with a Cube 100 or you'll be dropping the load down to about 2.5Ω and the amp is only designed to go down to 4Ω.

Despite the cockeyed translation in the owner manual, it should be using an 8Ω extension cab.

Hi,the i5" extension is a cracker,got mine cheap s/h.
I got a db700 years ago cause I too got fed up lugging ampeg around.
The roland has a far better sound,great compressor,chorus I never use,switchable pre amp-ss and tube emulation and overdriven tube.
I kept my eyes open till one come along at the right price and small lightweight rig that has a tone to die for and really loud .It,s very flexible cause you use the combo when you don,t need a lot of beef and use the 2 when you want to shake the world.
They were not cheap when they come out.
The ext cab can run subwoofer mode or full range with control for the tweeter-330 watt on wheels,It,s a lot lighter than the combo.
They do come up s/h but most people hang on to them.In the older range they made a db900 which has 4x10" speakers and 2x12" radiator speakers.I will get one .
Cracking amps and very underated apart from people in the know.

Erm, you do know how much a DB900 weighs? It's only 20lbs short of the full Ampeg fridge. :)

The 500 combo and the extension speaker together are about 40lbs less. I tried one once, liked the sound, but couldn't move it myself, so I passed on it. For a residency/rehearsal room, it'd be OK, though.