Why become a member? ×

SOLD A LONG TIME AGO!! ! ! Fender Usa Fsr '75 Ri Jazz

LukeFRC

Hello SOLD SOLD SOLD

Up for sale if anyone wants it is the Jazz bass I bought of andy travis a month or two ago.
An amazing bass, but I'm coming up to a hard time where moving twice and staying round a friends for a bit into a room in the flat is should be moving into becomes free. So half my stuff needs to be stashed somewhere in the meantime. I was just looking at my room and the 3 basses I have. They are all great but with the rubbishness of my work and shift patterns I don't think I will be playing much soon. So if I can sell one then that one less thing to move.
Also my new cab loves my warwick in a way my old one didn't. I kinda bought the jazz as I wasn't happy with the warwick's tone. As it is the jazz sounds better to my ears but the warwick feels more like my bass.

I paid andy £950 and that amount gets it off my hands in the gigbag he sent it in. Postage extra.

So what is it?
Well it's a Factory Special Run jazz bass, imagine the '75 in Lake Placid blue, painted headstock, rosewood fretboard. possibly one of 200 in this colour, serial number 790 of the series
But a deeper tone to the thinner sounding current USA '75ri, Possibly as the body is alder.
Original bridge needs a new long screw but it has a badass fitted, you get the original bridge too.
dunlop straplocks and bits are included.
pickup cover for the neck pup.
Made 2001/2002
oh original looking headstock too. :)
sounds amazing- i don't mind keeping it if no one wants it! :)

Pictures tomorrow when the sun is up. In the mean time here is the original thread where Andy bought it from, now with a badass II and no thumb rest.

some talkbass chat about these basses and photos. search FSR and you'll get more info. there is a later mexican FSR, this is the earlier USA made ones
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=60200"]http://basschat.co.u...showtopic=60200[/url]
[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=618905"]http://www.talkbass....ad.php?t=618905[/url]
[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704069"]http://www.talkbass....ad.php?t=704069[/url] Edited by LukeFRC

Hi LukeFRC,
I'm very, very interested in this Lake Placid blue bass - could you send me a PM so we can talk? I'm in Barcelona, but would fly to Glasgow to pick it up. It`s exactly the bass I`ve been looking for!

Cheers,

Fagen

• 9 months later...

I know it's a bit strange to post a comment here almost a year after the event, but I just wanted to say that I bought this magnificent American Jazz Bass 1975 Reissue in Lake Placid Blue from Luke and I am thrilled with the purchase. It's not only beautiful but it has exactly the sound that I was looking for. It's definitely the bass for me! Thank you Luke! :)

[quote name='mckendrick' timestamp='1320426357' post='1426829']S**t! I wish I'd seen this earlier.

Am in the market to buy one of these [i][b]right now.... [/b][/i]so if anybody knows of another...[/quote]
I think there's still an LPB (in great condition) one out on the Swedish bass forum pratabas.se, offered by a long time forumite. If you'd like I can connect the two of you.

[quote name='Fagen' timestamp='1320425749' post='1426814']
I know it's a bit strange to post a comment here almost a year after the event, but I just wanted to say that I bought this magnificent American Jazz Bass 1975 Reissue in Lake Placid Blue from Luke and I am thrilled with the purchase. It's not only beautiful but it has exactly the sound that I was looking for. It's definitely the bass for me! Thank you Luke! :)
[/quote]

Al you are a complete gentleman. Hope Barcelona is warmer than Scotland :)

[quote name='mckendrick' timestamp='1320444534' post='1427088']Hey... thanks for the reply, man.

Am currently negotiating on another I found shortly after I made the post, but please still connect, I may yet come back to it.

Thanks muchly.

mck.[/quote]
No problem, I've sent him a PM with a link to this thread.
Good luck and hope you score one, the FSR jazzes are awesome!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='BB3000S' timestamp='1320504434' post='1427657']
No problem, I've sent him a PM with a link to this thread.
Good luck and hope you score one, the FSR jazzes are awesome!
[/quote]

Hey, do you know if that FSR is still available? Would you mind linking me up if so?
I've been on the lookout for one too!

Cheers

[quote name='mantekka' timestamp='1324394455' post='1473792']

Hey, do you know if that FSR is still available? Would you mind linking me up if so?
I've been on the lookout for one too!

Cheers
[/quote]
Hi mate,
Just sent the man a PM on the Swedish bass forum, we'll see what he says. Would expect it to be gone, but in these times you never know!
Take care,
Matt

[quote name='BB3000S' timestamp='1324419648' post='1474141']
Hi mate,
Just sent the man a PM on the Swedish bass forum, we'll see what he says. Would expect it to be gone, but in these times you never know!
Take care,
Matt
[/quote]
Thanks Matt,
I saw the LPB one on pratabas (if that's the same one?), was still available in October, so fingers crossed! It looks great.
Google translate was very useful!
Thanks for trying for me.
Brian.

Edited by mantekka

[quote name='mantekka' timestamp='1324426315' post='1474243']

Thanks Matt,
I saw the LPB one on pratabas (if that's the same one?), was still available in October, so fingers crossed! It looks great.
Google translate was very useful!
Thanks for trying for me.
Brian.
[/quote]
My pleasure!
It's probably the same one, the seller goes by the nick Night Prowler and is a long time member of PrataBas. He hasn't read my PM yet, will let you know what he says.